Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conventional eggs okay if I toss the yolks? page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I did my egg diet I ate 21 eggs and 10 whites per day, and some posters here insisted that I should not toss out ANY yolk at all, because they are sooo nutritious, blah, blah, - but I still tossed out 10 egg yolks, and some of them I gave to my cat and also some homemade mayonnaise to my secretary (she made it herself!) here at my office. It all depends on the goals, when eating lots of eggs it may be a good idea to exchange some of the yolk fat with other nutrients, so the yolk is not some sacred cow that cannot be tossed out...

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    I forgot how worthless this board is.
    Sorry for not supporting your phobia of conventional foods :-P

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    if you're worried about it, why are you buying conventional eggs at all? my good, local pastured eggs don't cost much more than mass-market eggs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    I give up. Let my thread die please. I forgot how worthless this board is.
    Seems like you asked a question with an answer already in mind, didn't get it, and are crying about it. Again, WHY ASK THEN?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My issue with conventional eggs is that they are tasteless. The ones with the white shells are the worst.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    OP, do yourself a favor, spend an extra buck and get some higher quality hippie grown eggs

then you won't have to toss cheap, pale sulfur bombs, and can save the yolks for later
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    OP, do yourself a favor, spend an extra buck and get some higher quality hippie grown eggs

then you won't have to toss cheap, pale sulfur bombs, and can save the yolks for later
    hey.... careful with the hippie remarks! rednecks raise good chickens with wonderful yellow/gold yolks too ya know! I don't shave my armpits or legs.... but I aint no hippy!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you're the biggest flower child i know

you're such a hippie you eat granola and sunshine and dance to the music of love playing in your mind
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're the biggest flower child i know

you're such a hippie you eat granola and sunshine and dance to the music of love playing in your mind
    OK.. I had granola and yogurt yesterday after work.... but I'm no frikin flower child! hmmmm.... free love, maybe they had a point there....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123