Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet page 7

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Woops. Don't know how I posted twice.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    wow

I'm a huge guy, 220lbs, rock solid muscle, low body fat and I only eat 120 to 150g of protein per day, no way could I reach those toxic levels of protein you are talking about

one of my clients is a giant 'strongman' contestant and he eats about 250g per day of protein

if we can't get near the toxic level no one will

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    nobody here is recommending "excess" protein, lol.
    Excess - more than what is sufficient. A surplus. I see many people averaging 160g over a prolonged period. If I require 60g that's almost 3 times the amount I need. Which only leads to unnecessary oxidation of certain aminos. It's a much better idea to cut protein back and supply the energy more directly via fat or carbohydrate.

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    I was just told yesterday that my skin looks great. Since I've been off grains my Rosacea has cleared up and I look younger

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    nobody here is recommending "excess" protein, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Excess - more than what is sufficient. A surplus.
    thank you, dr. dictionary.

I see many people averaging 160g over a prolonged period.
    nobody on this thread is talking about that and the op is trying to get enough protein from seeds. meh.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Excess - more than what is sufficient. A surplus. I see many people averaging 160g over a prolonged period. If I require 60g that's almost 3 times the amount I need. Which only leads to unnecessary oxidation of certain aminos. It's a much better idea to cut protein back and supply the energy more directly via fat or carbohydrate.
    Thats a silly definition of the word excess in this context, LOL. Seriously, should we consider every ingested gram of carbohydrate excess because it is "more than what is sufficient"?

I think you may want to adopt a more biologically relevant meaning that is backed by scientific understanding, such as that sbhikes posted.

And seriously without context of what you are doing day in and out and if you are in a caloric surplus or a deficit are obvious variables that have to be accounted for.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.

sarah13 is offline Junior Member
    Excess protein isn't good. Especially the amounts people like cordain recommend.
    Aminos like methionine are high in muscle meat and eggs and are not good for aging. Plant compounds like lycopene and other antioxidants are great for skin health.
    Meat and eggs are not good for aging? Why do you say this if you are Primal?

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    On this post Protein for Athletes | Perfect Health Diet

He writes:

There is also a chart for people who like charts plus some commentary about regular people vs. athletes. Anyway, takes a lot of protein to get into trouble. Are YOU eating nearly 1000 calories a day of protein every day? I don't think I could even if I tried and I eat meat at almost every meal.

I wouldn't change your diet just because other people say eat MOAR fat or eat meat for breakfast just because other people do. Sheep's milk yogurt is pretty high in protein anyway and it's delicious. If your diet works for you, keep on keeping on.
    Thanks for the support, dw I will keep on eating it - it's great isn't it! I definitely don't get more than 100g protein a day so I'm fine. I think Kimberly Snyder needs to specify how much protein is too much when she makes these claims...

thank you, dr. dictionary.

nobody on this thread is talking about that and the op is trying to get enough protein from seeds. meh.
    No..I'm not. I just have them on my meals, I still eat meat!!!!!

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    Everyone has a different start in life
    No, not exactly. Believe it or not, there is a difference between being born and raised in a mansion and being born and raised in a "council" house.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast