Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet page 6

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i was actually thinking of rachel zoe. she's only 41:

rachelzoe(4).jpg
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    she calls herself an'holistic nutritional therapist', she recommends very low fat, vegan food pretty much, did a tv show where she took junk food junkies and made them eat goji berries and smoothies for a few months and bingo they lost weight... she's Scottish, suffered polio as a child, not too pleasant holier than thou attitude and fat is the devil

Nigella is a domestic goddess from the Ruling Classes - dad was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Thatcher, now Lord Lawson - famous TV cook shows how you CAN have it all type

of all the non-chefs with cooking shows, i don't mind nigella. she loves to cook and she loves to eat!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Excess protein isn't good. Especially the amounts people like cordain recommend.
    Aminos like methionine are high in muscle meat and eggs and are not good for aging. Plant compounds like lycopene and other antioxidants are great for skin health.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    Nigella is a domestic goddess from the Ruling Classes - dad was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Thatcher, now Lord Lawson - famous TV cook shows how you CAN have it all type
    Yes, you can have it all if you inherit.
    Last edited by anna5; 04-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Excess protein isn't good. Especially the amounts people like cordain recommend.
    Aminos like methionine are high in muscle meat and eggs and are not good for aging. Plant compounds like lycopene and other antioxidants are great for skin health.
    Excess of anything isn't good. Not so long ago, bok choy sent a woman into coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    nobody here is recommending "excess" protein, lol.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:Meet Gillian McKeith - YouTube

Nigella Lawson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube

These women are both the same age ...
    the video of Nigella was uploaded a few months ago, while Gillian's video was uploaded 2 years ago.

The comparison of these 2 women has been criticised, but it's not the only such example I can think of.
    This isn't a fair comparison - they had a different start in life.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has a different start in life

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On this post Protein for Athletes | Perfect Health Diet

He writes:
    What about toxicity?

We deal with this in our book (p 25). At a protein intake of 230 g/day (920 calories), the body’s ability to convert ammonia to urea is saturated. [3] This means the nitrogen from every additional gram of protein lingers in the body as ammonia, a toxin.

Clearly marginal dietary protein is toxic, via ammonia poisoning, at this intake level. A reasonable estimate for where toxicity begins is between 150 to 200 g/day.
    There is also a chart for people who like charts plus some commentary about regular people vs. athletes. Anyway, takes a lot of protein to get into trouble. Are YOU eating nearly 1000 calories a day of protein every day? I don't think I could even if I tried and I eat meat at almost every meal.

I wouldn't change your diet just because other people say eat MOAR fat or eat meat for breakfast just because other people do. Sheep's milk yogurt is pretty high in protein anyway and it's delicious. If your diet works for you, keep on keeping on.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast