Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Protein is crucial for skin and hair health, but unfortunately many protein sources aren't too optimal, and can contribute to aging. Ideally, one should get majority of protein from gelatin and other sources low in phosphates. Unfortunately this just leaves dairy and gelatin(duh), mostly.
    nihil

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah13 View Post
    Wow the replies on here have been really interesting I need to use this forum more often! As you can probably tell i'm very new to the Primal lifestyle...still learning. Noodletoy - I didnt read or buy the book I found an article on DailyMail today about her and thought i'd bring it up as I used to read her blog a lot, thats interesting magicmerl that you say my carb and fat ratios need to be reversed, I will start to try and eat more fat, I take coconut oil by the spoonful daily but stop at 1tbs, i think i just need to start drizzling it on my meals and cooking with it. I find breakfast hard since i'm always on the run and have to make it at work so usually have sheeps milk yoghurt as its higher in fat and creamier, or 2 hard boiled eggs and avocado or a handful of nuts. I never eat meat in the mornings as i just dont have time to cook it and tbh dont feel like it first thing. chia and hemp seeds are high in fat and protein btw...i drizzle them over my salads as well as oil. Interesting comments about people being told they look way younger than their age, will keep this in mind!!
    I regularly have a minute steak (grass fed beef but you could do other meats) and two eggs for breakfast, takes about two minutes to cook, add some good fats (grass fed butter for me) during and after cooking

delicious nutritious brekkie done in minutes, can do the same with fish but I never do

just saying, you can have a proper brekkie at home if you want

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:Meet Gillian McKeith - YouTube

Nigella Lawson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube

These women are both the same age ...
    the video of Nigella was uploaded a few months ago, while Gillian's video was uploaded 2 years ago.

The comparison of these 2 women has been criticised, but it's not the only such example I can think of.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:Meet Gillian McKeith - YouTube

Nigella Lawson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube

These women are both the same age ...
    the video of Nigella was uploaded a few months ago, while Gillian's video was uploaded 2 years ago.

The comparison of these 2 women has been criticised, but it's not the only such example I can think of.
    What does the comparison show?

Nigella looks 15 years younger than Gillian

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I guess I'm suppose to know these people and their lifestyle background? Apparently I'm not up to date with the cool kids

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    To me Nigella looks a lot healthier, ignoring any differences in attractiveness.
    There are many other videos and pictures of them that show the same.

Nigella loves food and has a diet high in fats. Gillian advocates low fat foot and is a vegan I think.

It's not proof by any means that veganism ages quicker or high fat will keep you looking young, but it's one example, and I've seen people who also follow this trend. If anything, at the least, it shows that a low-fat non-meat diet is not going to make you age slower, or that high fat/protein/meat diets are going to make you age faster.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    I regularly have a minute steak (grass fed beef but you could do other meats) and two eggs for breakfast, takes about two minutes to cook, add some good fats (grass fed butter for me) during and after cooking

delicious nutritious brekkie done in minutes, can do the same with fish but I never do

just saying, you can have a proper brekkie at home if you want
    Yeah. I'd find it much easier to cook/eat breakfast at home, since that's where the best facilities are.

You don't need to take fat by the spoonful (although my wife take 1t of coconut oil in the morning and it helps her energy levels and mood during the day). Just use it as the cooking substrate of your meals.

When you say you don't have enough time in the mornings, that sounds unpossible. Perhaps you aren't getting up early enough? Or going to bed early enough/getting enough sleep?

You should make time for the things which are a priority for you.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

yup, make sure you have the food in the house, get up 10 minutes earlier, cook and eat breakfast, don't have to eat yoghurt at work = much better health wise

also eating within half hour of waking helps switch from 'night time mode' to 'day time mode' much faster - you will perform better especially if you have some coconut fats too - brain food

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i've never seen that gillian lady. she looks at poo? lol, what kind of job is that? anyway, she just looks botoxed. blech.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast