Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet page 2

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes high fat moderate protein low carb is my mantra

but eating meat more than once a day does not make it high protein

sarah13 is offline Junior Member
    Avocado, hemp (not flax - its not on fit day), and quinoa - and tonight i'll have some meat like chicken or lamb or whatever - can this be all bad? I don't see the need to panic if you don't eat meat for lunch....just sayin'!

sarah13 is offline Junior Member
    Yes you are definitely right, I just wondered - how do you eat enough fat without getting all the protein that you would get from eating fatty meat? Do you eat a lot of cheese, olive oil etc on salads, avocado, nuts etc?

and I dont see the panic if you do eat meat, especially wide varieties of game, wild food, fish, grass fed beef etc etc

paleo genes will love it, think it's the height of hunting season all year round and respond accordingly

i.e vibrant health, abundant energy

I do not count, just eat until satisfied and add fat high in SFAs
    Last edited by Katsuhiko the Rolfer; 04-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah13 View Post
    Yes you are definitely right, I just wondered - how do you eat enough fat without getting all the protein that you would get from eating fatty meat? Do you eat a lot of cheese, olive oil etc on salads, avocado, nuts etc?
    so for breakfast today I had a 4 ounce piece of steak griddled but I added a large knob of butter to the pan near the end of cooking, basted the steak for a minute, put the steak on a plate to rest and cooked two eggs in the butter in the pan, added them to the steak with some of the butter/juices from the pan. Took about 4 minutes, tasted delicious

so yes I add fat during and after cooking, especially grass fed butter, coconut and olive oil

QT3.14 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    yes high fat moderate protein low carb is my mantra

Yup, same here.

I'm F/early 50's and have been told on more than one occasion that I don't look my age, and have been asked for my beauty secrets. LOL!!! My answer is always the same: "eat right, and stay away from processed food." Works for me.......

I often wonder if it's the high fat diet that's keeping the wrinkles at bay?!?!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah13 View Post
    My sample menu:

Meal 1: HB eggs, Greek yogurt, bacon, heavy cream in coffee
    Meal 2: post-workout smoothie (whey, berries, 1/4 coconut milk)
    Meal 3: meat and veg (cooked with pork fat or butter), maybe another piece of fruit, handful of nuts, or some dark chocolate

Total: 2000 cals, under 100g carbs, ~120g of fat and protein each (but recall that 120g of fat = 1080 calories while 120g of protein = 480 calories)

Having only been here a few days I must say I am amazed how many people are counting their fat, protein and carbs

I have not read the Primal Blueprint book. Is counting recommended in there?

I've been high fat low carb for 20+ years and never counted, I just mentally portion the food but I could not tell you my numbers

I just listen to my body and stop eating when satisfied. Can always tell if I haven't had enough fat as I get hungry within a couple of hours, normally have some coconut then

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    Having only been here a few days I must say I am amazed how many people are counting their fat, protein and carbs

I have not read the Primal Blueprint book. Is counting recommended in there?

I've been high fat low carb for 20+ years and never counted, I just mentally portion the food but I could not tell you my numbers

I just listen to my body and stop eating when satisfied. Can always tell if I haven't had enough fat as I get hungry within a couple of hours, normally have some coconut then
    I've been counting as of late because I am trying to lean out (I am at a healthy weight otherwise) so I wanted to have a clearer idea of what I was eating. I don't usually count although some people do, especially if they're trying to break a plateau.

if I want to lean out I lower my carbs and protein and do fasted weight training sessions often a couple of days after a depletion workout

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast