Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reset Leptin Sensitivity WITHOUT Dr. Kruse method? page 2

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Mila

How much weight have you been trying to lose....I notice that youve only been on the diet for 11 months.

I have lost about 15 kilos and started with the diet first for 12 months to get my eating right (Mark's Primal) and then have only been exercising for the last 6 months. It is only now that I am starting to see a change in my shape.

So be patient..........

Maybe it is just taking time for your body to adjust.

mila is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i've seen many women on other boards gain weight with this protocol and kruse likes to blame leptin for everything. reading enough of his stuff you'd think it's at fault for global warming, for pete's sake.
    I didn't need to lose but I also didn't want to gain, and I gained 4 pounds in just under a week! I've since gone off the leptin reset and I feel better again. Also, in just two days the 4 pounds went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Did you ever get into ketosis? Its possible that you are not fully fat-adapted and when you run into a caloric deficient, you are not burning fat the way a fully fat-adapted person would.

What is your heavy lifting?
    I don't know if I go into ketosis or not. The pharmacies here don't sell the test strips. I'm thinking I had just previously been eating too much fruit.

My heavy lifting is weight lifting 2ce a week using conventional weights and I also use the TRX system (using my own body weight for resistance) a couple of times a week also--this is mostly for core and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, the OP's symptoms sound like carb flu to me. The rice may have been enough to keep the body fully in carb burning mode until the high protein JK breakfasts tipped the fat ratio toward keto.

I don't think the leptin reset is magic but it has two really good pieces of common sense wisdom involved, eat a big protein brekki w/o carbs, and no snacking between meals.
    Actually, since I went off the leptin reset and restarted my old Paleo method (via Mark Sisson), my symptoms have disappeared again. My carb intake PRIOR to the leptin reset test had been about 100 grams/day for more than 11 months, so I doubt carb flu was the problem. Without knowing that, though, you couldn't have guessed anything but carb flu--it's what I would have suggested too. Also, over the last 11 months I've only consumed about 1.5 cups of rice--total.

I'm thinking what held me back from being completely fat-burning prior to my attempt at leptin reset was the fruit. Looking back at my food journals I see that almost all 100 grams of carbs came from fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Has the fruit intake diminished during the Leptin reset?

I just looked up Arica...looks like a nice beach town
    During leptin reset I eliminated fruit entirely.
    And Arica is a very nice beach town. Never a drop of rain and sunshine every day--I never have an excuse to stay indoors. Also, the best thing: My gym is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazmic View Post
    Hi Mila

How much weight have you been trying to lose....I notice that youve only been on the diet for 11 months.

I have lost about 15 kilos and started with the diet first for 12 months to get my eating right (Mark's Primal) and then have only been exercising for the last 6 months. It is only now that I am starting to see a change in my shape.

So be patient..........

Maybe it is just taking time for your body to adjust.
    I'm not trying to lose at all. I started eating paleo after I'd lost the weight I needed to lose. I'm just dissatisfied with my body composition.

No more leptin reset for me, though...I've gone back to what made me feel good, and that wasn't it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    From what I understand, real, visible body composition changes actually take a lot longer than most people realize. Even my boyfriend, back in the early 80s, saw it took him about a year to make a visible change to his body composition with a daily bicycle commute over 20 miles plus weight machines at the gym. He was not a fat person at the time, either, and never has been.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mila View Post
    Actually, since I went off the leptin reset and restarted my old Paleo method (via Mark Sisson), my symptoms have disappeared again. My carb intake PRIOR to the leptin reset test had been about 100 grams/day for more than 11 months, so I doubt carb flu was the problem. Without knowing that, though, you couldn't have guessed anything but carb flu--it's what I would have suggested too. Also, over the last 11 months I've only consumed about 1.5 cups of rice--total.

I'm thinking what held me back from being completely fat-burning prior to my attempt at leptin reset was the fruit. Looking back at my food journals I see that almost all 100 grams of carbs came from fruit.
    100 gr/day will keep most people a good ways away from ketosis.

I couldn't agree more about the fruit.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    I hope you get back in a couple weeks or so and follow up. Its sounds like the constant sugar from fruit might be the culprit. Another thing that doesnt get enough play is the DHA/EPA O3/O6 ratio.The only other thing I would recommend is pushing your heavy lifting so you get to or near DOMS. True body recompostion can only happen with a good amount of lean muscle mass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12