Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Previously I have been okay with slow weight loss and healing but now.. page 2

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the scholarship. What are you studying?

Walking is so beneficial, so you may want to start adding that in. Also you may want to start walking to get in practice for Italy. It really is a walking country, even in the summer.

In regards to Italian food, you can skip the primo and go straight for the meat seconds with a salad and then fruit at the end. I usually do this.

You might eat a bit of gelati for the first few days but then yo will get over it. Probably breakfast is the biggest issue because it is all about the cornetti (pastries) so if you have a little kitchen or something then you can boil some eggs or have some yoghurt, if not IF.

I would say though, not to miss out on something amazing because it does not quite fit, that would be silly when you have such an amazing opportunity.

My OH does work as a tour director and he had to work to get one person interesting gluten free stuff, but once they realised they were not vegetarian he was able to get her some great stuff.

Pizza places here in Naples are starting to offer gluten free.
    Life. Be in it.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Go 100%. Start moving around, etc. Should be in tip top condition when you land.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Ever been to Florence as a tourist? You'd never know they were "celiac aware" or that small portions existed.
    Actually, I have. But it was before I went gluten-free. I recall eating real food in restaurants where no one spoke much English, not giant portions of pasta. But I'm sure those would be readily available for Americans who expect it and eat in restaurants geared for them.

Get yourself some dining cards that describe your dietary limitations. Celiac diagnosis is very common in Italy now. They will know what the word means.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I've ate one of the best steaks of my life in Florence - congrats on your scholarship!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    They have good coffee there, right? Sure would love to spend a vacation people-watching from sidewalk coffeehouses around Europe.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    They have good coffee there, right? Sure would love to spend a vacation people-watching from sidewalk coffeehouses around Europe.
    Ditto, but with hot chocolate! I spent 10 days in Italy at the end of high school and our group has arranged to eat at "authentic" Italian places beforehand. I don't remember now what the food was like, but the pizza at this little place on our way between cities was amazing. I had some awesome coffee at a road-side café in Rome, though, and even the machines at the hotels made good cappuccinos.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Belforte;1145200]Congratulations on the scholarship. What are you studying?

Hi Belforte , I am studying psychology and this is a unit is called Human Dignity in an International Context. I am really looking forward to the study and the experience of Florence.

I agree that I should be balanced about what I can and can't eat upon arrival in Florence. Your advice about gluten free food may work.
    But for now I want to speed up the weight loss process so I can relax a little when there.

Get yourself some dining cards that describe your dietary limitations. Celiac diagnosis is very common in Italy now. They will know what the word means.[/QUOTE]

I am enrolling in a Italian language course for travellers before I go so I can hopefully express my dining requirements myself

Well 100% seems to be the major advice and walking.
    I am surprised no one suggested lifting heavy is that because of the time frame I wonder?
    Does anyone think it is possible to make a difference with lifting heavy in 11 weeks?

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Well 100% seems to be the major advice and walking.
    I am surprised no one suggested lifting heavy is that because of the time frame I wonder?
    Does anyone think it is possible to make a difference with lifting heavy in 11 weeks?
    YES.

In even 1-2 weeks, you will notice, especially if you're a newbie. But in all honesty, you could even do some fun things like challenge yourself to do max pushups every other day or run really fast for a minute every day, and come out with good aerobic standings too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast