Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Pastured Cream Equivalent to Beef Fat page 2

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    60
    Shop Now
    It's my second day doing this and my energy levels are through the ROOF (and I have zero cravings). I'm still only eating like 1300 calories, so if I somehow end up gaining weight from this I'll be upset (and a newfound believer in the anti-dairy theory).

  2. #12
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer's Avatar
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    212
    good isn't it? really satisfying, I have to stop myself from eating more lol

    1300 cals with only meat, veg and cream? weight will drop off you

    get moving and drink a few glasses of water throughout the day

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    good isn't it? really satisfying, I have to stop myself from eating more lol

    1300 cals with only meat, veg and cream? weight will drop off you

    get moving and drink a few glasses of water throughout the day
    I'm actually quite lean as it is -- 25 year old female, 5'9, 130 lbs, so I'm not looking to lose... just maintain with minimal effort
    I get really frustrated reading about people who say dairy is inherently fat-promoting. I just see it as another food... a collection of fats and proteins that can fit into anyone's goals (provided no lactose-intolerance).

  4. #14
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer's Avatar
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    212
    indeed

    so why the 1300 cals? seems low

  5. #15
    noodletoy's Avatar
    noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    land of the glass pinecones
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumifer View Post
    the local, organic grass-fed cream we buy tastes nothing like the supermarket krap, so i'm skeptical its nutrition profile is identical.

    High dairy fat intake related to le... [Scand J Prim Health Care. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

    Ernest Hemingway

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    indeed

    so why the 1300 cals? seems low
    I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...

  7. #17
    Croak's Avatar
    Croak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    346
    While there's nothing wrong with increasing fitness, I wouldn't over-inflate the effectiveness of exercise as a calorie burning tool, and therefore I wouldn't overly restrict calories to compensate for not doing regimented exercise. Just living normally consumes a lot of calories, a "normal" workout routine burns very few in comparison.

    And with you a full time student and putting in an almost full work-week, you're clearly living.

  8. #18
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer's Avatar
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
    I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...
    if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

    by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

    Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

    1300 is too low. Best of luck

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

    by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

    Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

    1300 is too low. Best of luck
    Thanks for the input. I'll try it out and see what happens.

  10. #20
    Forgotmylastusername's Avatar
    Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    947
    Cream is higher in myristic acid and lower in stearic acid than beef fat. Certain people can have markers worsen switching to diary fats.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •