Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pastured Cream Equivalent to Beef Fat page 2

Shop Now
    It's my second day doing this and my energy levels are through the ROOF (and I have zero cravings). I'm still only eating like 1300 calories, so if I somehow end up gaining weight from this I'll be upset (and a newfound believer in the anti-dairy theory).

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    good isn't it? really satisfying, I have to stop myself from eating more lol

1300 cals with only meat, veg and cream? weight will drop off you

get moving and drink a few glasses of water throughout the day

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    good isn't it? really satisfying, I have to stop myself from eating more lol

1300 cals with only meat, veg and cream? weight will drop off you

get moving and drink a few glasses of water throughout the day
    I'm actually quite lean as it is -- 25 year old female, 5'9, 130 lbs, so I'm not looking to lose... just maintain with minimal effort
    I get really frustrated reading about people who say dairy is inherently fat-promoting. I just see it as another food... a collection of fats and proteins that can fit into anyone's goals (provided no lactose-intolerance).

indeed

so why the 1300 cals? seems low

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumifer View Post
    the local, organic grass-fed cream we buy tastes nothing like the supermarket krap, so i'm skeptical its nutrition profile is identical.

High dairy fat intake related to le... [Scand J Prim Health Care. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

indeed

so why the 1300 cals? seems low
    I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...

Croak is offline Senior Member
    While there's nothing wrong with increasing fitness, I wouldn't over-inflate the effectiveness of exercise as a calorie burning tool, and therefore I wouldn't overly restrict calories to compensate for not doing regimented exercise. Just living normally consumes a lot of calories, a "normal" workout routine burns very few in comparison.

And with you a full time student and putting in an almost full work-week, you're clearly living.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
    I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...
    if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

1300 is too low. Best of luck

if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

1300 is too low. Best of luck
    Thanks for the input. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Cream is higher in myristic acid and lower in stearic acid than beef fat. Certain people can have markers worsen switching to diary fats.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast