Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back and looking to lose 20-30 pounds! Need some tips! page

Kavinsky is offline Junior Member

I'm back and looking to lose 20-30 pounds! Need some tips!

Hi everybody,

I've been eating and living primal style (I know the book and science behind it very well) off and on for a year or so, but I have had a hard time sticking to it. This time though, I really want to stick with it and lose some excess body fat. I'm 21, 5'4 and weigh 148lbs. I'd like to get back down at least into the 120s, where I felt my very best.

My problem is that after I lose 5-10 pounds of what I assume to be water weight, my weight loss grinds to a halt, and I can't seem to get below 140. I know I should ramp up my slow movement a little more, but are there any other ways to finally break into the 130s? I've read about carb refeeds, but not sure I'm quite lean enough to try those yet. Should I calorie count? I eat around 50 grams of carbs a day, and a ton of protein, at least 100 grams. I limit fruit, nuts and dairy. Not sure what I need to change to push my out of the 140s.

Oh and on a side note, I live in a pretty crowded town, and have no place to exercise other than the college gym. How do I get past embarrassment at going there? I get so self conscious, because it's a gym filled with fit college girls and guys, and I feel so out of place exercising next to girls who don't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet, or better yet venturing into the weight lifting section where only the big buff guys hang out. Seriously never see a girl lifting weights in there, EVER.

So basically, any tips at all would be welcomed so much. Thank you everyone in advance!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Exercise at home. Start with bodyweight exercise. Fitness 666

itsybitsy is offline Member
    I wonder how much your hormones are factoring in. Have you had any labs done?

All in all, as much as some folks may object, many of us have found HCG to be a solution.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Hi everybody,

I've been eating and living primal style (I know the book and science behind it very well) off and on for a year or so, but I have had a hard time sticking to it. This time though, I really want to stick with it and lose some excess body fat. I'm 21, 5'4 and weigh 148lbs. I'd like to get back down at least into the 120s, where I felt my very best.

My problem is that after I lose 5-10 pounds of what I assume to be water weight, my weight loss grinds to a halt, and I can't seem to get below 140. I know I should ramp up my slow movement a little more, but are there any other ways to finally break into the 130s? I've read about carb refeeds, but not sure I'm quite lean enough to try those yet. Should I calorie count? I eat around 50 grams of carbs a day, and a ton of protein, at least 100 grams. I limit fruit, nuts and dairy. Not sure what I need to change to push my out of the 140s.

Oh and on a side note, I live in a pretty crowded town, and have no place to exercise other than the college gym. How do I get past embarrassment at going there? I get so self conscious, because it's a gym filled with fit college girls and guys, and I feel so out of place exercising next to girls who don't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet, or better yet venturing into the weight lifting section where only the big buff guys hang out. Seriously never see a girl lifting weights in there, EVER.

So basically, any tips at all would be welcomed so much. Thank you everyone in advance!
    I think you really need to start with a strict 30 day protocol and go from there. If you lose more than 5 to 7 pounds you're very likely losing more than just water. And then we test and retest some things after that to see what would fit you best.

Really, what we need to do is stop TALKING about doing it and just do it, right? Start NOW.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post
    I wonder how much your hormones are factoring in. Have you had any labs done?

All in all, as much as some folks may object, many of us have found HCG to be a solution.
    Ugh, i hope you talking about injectable hcg...oral hcg cant enter the bloodstream, its molecular weight is too great.

Paleobird Guest
    Ugh. I hope anyone even considering going anywhere near HcG will read this first.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for Fat Loss: “Fallacy and Hazard” – Obesity Panacea

It just doesn't work. Eating 500 cal/day will make you lose weight, yes. But the HcG is just an expensive placebo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I know a woman who lost a lot of weight on the HCG diet with injections. She put it all back on afterwards, and then some, as diets are wont to do.

Kavinsky is offline Junior Member
    I've already been down the HCG injections road actually, 3 years ago. I lost 17 pounds in 26 days, before I gave into my insane hunger and ate and ate and ate until I regained every single ounce. That was well before I'd heard about primal/paleo, and I don't have much interest in trying it again to be honest.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Try Alternate day fasting, or if that's too oppressive, try IFing. It really helped break through my weight loss pause. I started with a 16/8 protocol and worked my way up to alternate day fasting. Their is an ADF support/chat thread here if you want more info.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Timthetaco Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm of the opinion that if you're not finding success on a low carb diet, it's not a terrible idea to eat more carbohydrates. It's probably a lot easier and more delicious than hCG, fasting or wasting money on unnecessary bloodwork.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast