Thread: Longtime lurker finally joined and attempted my first primal cooked meal... page

Tlhfirelion is offline Junior Member

Longtime lurker finally joined and attempted my first primal cooked meal...

Primal Fuel
    Or at least I think it was primal. I found a recipe for some paleo pancakes, banana, eggs, almond flour, almond butter and a dash of vanilla. I wasn't sure what to expect but they weren't half bad. I slapped some butter on top and had blackberries with it. My kids LOVED it but the wife is not a huge fan of the strong banana flavor and ill admit, it was strong. She also hates anything coconut so this could prove difficult. Lol.

I am still researching the primal "way", there is a lot of reading to do, but so far I like it. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but Primal is a bit more accepting of Greek yogurt, milk, etc over paleo? My stomach responds well to yogurt and I like it. I've been doing some attempts at primal meals the last week or so but mostly boiled eggs, protein powder, fruit, veggies (cold), various meats (usually cold) etc. I'm pretty busy so its easy to go the cold meal route. I REALLY miss sandwiches, they're so convenient, fast to make and eat, and budget friendly. I don't know if their are any kind of breads that are primal friendly (hemp? Tapioca?) but ill keep experimenting. Just eliminating pasta and rolls has made me feel much better, not that I felt bad before. My energy level is better, my stomach is less bloated also. I want to keep going.

I lift weights 3 days a week and do some sort of cardio 2'other days, mainly walking or some sprints. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and just get healthier. Anyways, that's my story.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Yes, there are primal/paleo breads, e.g. with almond flour. Remember that they still have lots of carbs.

Explore Mark's posts. Yes, yogurt and other dairy are fine if your body tolerates them and they don't hold back fat loss. Mark takes paleolithic lifestyle as a starting point but doesn't rule out neolithic stuff that works. And he encourages you to find what works for you, rather than setting rigid guidelines.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.