Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gotta quit doing this crap. page 3

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't give two thoughts to the 80/20 thing, I just feel ENTITLED to
    f*ck up if I want to.

"Oh you were so good all week, and now it's time for 3 beers and a bottle
    of wine."

Which is fine, but then the next day I want nothing but Stupid Shit to eat.

Also, Tuesdays (that's today folks) are also hard because my husband and I started
    this cocktailing ritual, 8 years ago, called GFGN (Guilt-Free Garbage Night) and how it
    works is that you start cocktailing at 5pm, and since it's Garbage Night, the cans or
    bottles go into the garbage, the garbage collector comes early in the morning, dumping
    the evidence, and so THEREFORE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

That's where you get the "guilt free".

I never feel guilty, just bloated, and it takes a good two days to go away.

Then Friday there are more cocktails... sometimes even Saturday as well, which is
    followed by Stupid Shit... Like Wendy's. Lame.

I never gain any weight or suffer any OTHER deleterious effects other than the bloating,
    but that in of itself is annoying enough to NOT do it.

So it's gotta stop. GOTS TA!

SO! Tonight, tonight........AS GOD AS MY WITNESS (and all you strangers) I WILL
    *NOT* GFGN TONIGHT.

I willin't!

Julie

p.s. Sunday I had an EPIC Easter candy binge. Probably wolfed down about 3K cals of
    pure chocolate in about an hour. Haven't had a candy binge like that in MONTHS... and I'm
    STILL paying for it. The upside, wasn't hungry at ALL yesterday and still am not. HA!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Oh god me too with the Easter candy. Definitely need a support thread. Not just for cheating, but for people thinking about cheating. The AA of MDA.
    5'0" female, 42 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: 105.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Oh god me too with the Easter candy. Definitely need a support thread. Not just for cheating, but for people thinking about cheating. The AA of MDA.
    Agreed - especially the "thinking about cheating" part.

I don't need any psycho-babble as to "why I'm doing it" or any freaking
    enabling hand holding "aw sweetie, you're only human (barf!)" when I *DO*
    end up doing it.

What I need is a big ol' BITCH SLAP when I'm THINKING about doing it and someone
    to remind me of how shitty I'll feel the next day or even afterwards.

Drinking and eating ramifications are like childbirth (though I wouldn't know, having
    two c-sections) - you just forget about how you felt, so when the opportunity arises,
    it ALWAYS sounds like a "great idea" and you can just "get back on the wagon" tomorrow.

But that wagon ride never comes..... HAR!

Okay, so Thursday, if no one beats me to it, I'll start a support thread directed at the
    weekend...

We'll see how we do with that.

Julie

QT3.14 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi19270 View Post
    I don't go for it all weekend but i do enjoy sitting back having a couple of vodkas (sugar free lemondade, sugar free lime) with my hubby,

This is my issue, too. Friday evenings I love to sit down with hubby, a gin and tonic, and unwind from the stresses and strains of the past week. Fortunately I have not found that it has led to any unwanted eating, however, it does seem to increase my appetite but I do my absolute best to satiate myself with my dinner. Occasionally a few nuts will creep in there, but for the most part I have been able to keep the munchies at bay.

Now, this weekend was another story altogether. I actually ate 2 huge slices of chocolate cake!! One on Friday night after dinner, and one on Saturday night. I cannot believe how sweet it was, and funnily enough the idea of the cake was better than the taste itself. Unfortunately, I have had a headache ever since.......... won't be doing that again anytime soon.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    do your food shopping on Friday night/Saturday morning and plan your weekend food the same as you plan your week day food.

that's the key for me to stay healthy at the weekend.

whenever I run out of good food I always crave the bad food.
    Holy crap that's a good idea.
    boom.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Maybe your problem is trying to do this as a low carb diet. Why not try doing it as a moderate carb diet and see if that changes anything.

I went through about a month where breakfast was usually a sweet potato and a large chicken breast, no fat added. Lunch was chicken and vegetables, no fat added. Dinner was meat, vegetables and potato, no fat added. This really was different. I pretty much lost all desire for treats and sometimes I barely wanted to eat. It was quite liberating. It was a fun experiment. I'm eating more salmon again these days but thinking of going back to the chicken again. It's pretty cheap and convenient.

tl;dr: try something different, try more starchy veggies and protein and less fat and see what happens.
    I think your success is fantastic and it obviously shows, and I appreciate the thought, it's good advice. I've been following a more moderate carb diet, and I think that can go one of two ways, either successful and helps you moderate, or as a gateway to other sweets.

But even with a moderate carb diet, a la fruit and potatoes, you can still crave bread and ice cream, which is what I do. I refuse to go to the almond flour-coconut flour- franken-paleo route with almond flour pancakes and brownies and the like. They don't taste near as good and they're still a sugar nightmare, even though they're gluten free and have more protein.

So you're doing low carb AND low fat? I would be very careful about that in the long run. If it's working for you, great, but for a long term solution, that can come back and bite you.

In the long term, all of this comes down to having a healthy relationship with food and how it plays a role in your body. The swing status is obviously not a healthy relationship, so I can see where your advice for a moderate carb diet is useful.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QT3.14 View Post
    This is my issue, too. Friday evenings I love to sit down with hubby, a gin and tonic, and unwind from the stresses and strains of the past week. Fortunately I have not found that it has led to any unwanted eating, however, it does seem to increase my appetite but I do my absolute best to satiate myself with my dinner. Occasionally a few nuts will creep in there, but for the most part I have been able to keep the munchies at bay.

Now, this weekend was another story altogether. I actually ate 2 huge slices of chocolate cake!! One on Friday night after dinner, and one on Saturday night. I cannot believe how sweet it was, and funnily enough the idea of the cake was better than the taste itself. Unfortunately, I have had a headache ever since.......... won't be doing that again anytime soon.
    Easter Sunday: Carrot cake, key lime pie, chocolate malt. Holy crap is was gluttonous and delish. Holy crap did I hate Sunday night and Monday.

Eddoword is offline Junior Member
    When it happens, just know this: you can eat however much of real food. Eat so much of all types of fatty meats, seafoods, tubers, fruits, honey, all types of nuts and nut butters, homemade vegetable juices and smoothies that you're too full for junky trans fats, processed carbs. Whip up some cream and throw it on. Get some prime rib and creamed spinach. Eat lobsters, crabs, mussels, clams, shrimps. Dip them all in butter. Wash it all down with some Whole Milk.

Go out of your way and have a ** focused hunt ** for the real foods you're craving. And try to get a good mix of fiber, protein, and fat in during the "feeding" (i.e. don't just eat straight fat or protein).

Eat and be satisfied.

Doesn't sound too appetizing when you psychologically want some junk, but when you actually try it and fill up with good stuff, your body very quickly let's you forget about the bad stuff. You're thinking you'd be binging but in the end, you'll be surprised at how little you end up eating.

Satiety kicks in and shuts off your appetite very quickly. It drops like a rock.
    Last edited by Eddoword; 04-02-2013 at 01:46 PM.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddoword View Post
    When it happens, just know this: you can eat however much of real food. Eat so much of all types of fatty meats, seafoods, tubers, fruits, honey, all types of nuts and nut butters, juices and smoothies. Whip up some cream and throw it on. Go out of your way and have a focused hunt for the real foods you're craving.

Eat and be satisfied.

Doesn't sound too appetizing when you psycologically want some junk, but when you actually try it and fill up with good stuff, your body very quickly let's you forget about the bad stuff.
    +1

markty is offline Junior Member
    Agreed!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123