Thread: menu plan page

sandybeaches is offline Junior Member

menu plan

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I purchased the weekly menu plan becasue I thought it would be helpful for me to break some boredom and have a tightknit concrete plan to tighten up up and lose my last 20 pounds. Three years ago I started my weight loss journey and since then have lost 100 pounds. I began paleo/primal eating about 2 years ago and eat very strict all week but Ithink I was indulging a bit much on some weekends. I just read the primal blueprint and ordered the meal plan to break things up and hopefully get that last 20 pounds off. Like I said I am very strict most of ther time---plants and animals. for the last 2 months I pretty much don't even eat fruit or tubers trying to lean out. and definitetly not coconut flours, almonds flours or paste, chocolate, honey, etc. in other words I have not been using paleo/primal recipes of baked goods.etc that try to simulate modern day dishes. strictly plants and animals.

so when I got the menu plan I ws SHOCKED to see some of the items in the plan: kielbasa, italian sausage, ham, ground sausage, pepperoni, breakfast sausage links (these HIGHLY processed meats scheduled for FIVE meals), parmesan chesse, mozzarella cheese, etc and all these things planned for all the same week!!!

I am very confused! does anyone else use this menu plan that can be purchased on Marks Daily Apple? It seeems to go against evertything I have learned about primal eating as far as the plan inclides foods that are highly processed.

Am I being way t ostrict and restrictive? Is that my problem?

Advice, feedback please!

pickled herring is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybeaches View Post
    I purchased the weekly menu plan becasue I thought it would be helpful for me to break some boredom and have a tightknit concrete plan to tighten up up and lose my last 20 pounds. Three years ago I started my weight loss journey and since then have lost 100 pounds. I began paleo/primal eating about 2 years ago and eat very strict all week but Ithink I was indulging a bit much on some weekends. I just read the primal blueprint and ordered the meal plan to break things up and hopefully get that last 20 pounds off. Like I said I am very strict most of ther time---plants and animals. for the last 2 months I pretty much don't even eat fruit or tubers trying to lean out. and definitetly not coconut flours, almonds flours or paste, chocolate, honey, etc. in other words I have not been using paleo/primal recipes of baked goods.etc that try to simulate modern day dishes. strictly plants and animals.

so when I got the menu plan I ws SHOCKED to see some of the items in the plan: kielbasa, italian sausage, ham, ground sausage, pepperoni, breakfast sausage links (these HIGHLY processed meats scheduled for FIVE meals), parmesan chesse, mozzarella cheese, etc and all these things planned for all the same week!!!

I am very confused! does anyone else use this menu plan that can be purchased on Marks Daily Apple? It seeems to go against evertything I have learned about primal eating as far as the plan inclides foods that are highly processed.

Am I being way t ostrict and restrictive? Is that my problem?

Advice, feedback please!
    I have ordered the meal plan as well. It has not been good for weight loss...just maintenenace. A lot of the processed stuff I have subbed out with whole cuts of meat. I was surprised myself at some of the ingredients listed.

I also tallied up the calories given in the recipes, and it adds up to about 1650 calories per day not counting the meals where it tells you to graze fridge for leftovers. So we can assume about 1800-2000 calories per day. That is too much for someone my size to be able to lose on.

I am feeling much more comfortable with the concept of primal eating now, and I think that I will use the meal plans more for recipe ideas than for strict adherence. It is good that you are looking at the meal plan with a critical eye - only you know what is best for you.

sandybeaches is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the feedback...good to know that it was not a great plan for weight loss. I emailed the contact and they are refunding my money.

i just can't believe the foods they had on there though....it seems in direct conflict to what was taught in the book....