Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Weight Loss page

Jacksson is online now Senior Member

Quick Weight Loss

Primal Fuel
    Ok, let me say first that I know we shouldn't focus on weight and I dont. I did the Whole 30 in January and stayed pretty well "primal" since that time. I have lost nearly 30 lbs. but some of that was water weight or whatever it is you lose at the front end. Otherwise, I've lost at a reasonable rate and love how I am eating.

Also during this time, I have been in the "biggest loser" contest at work. My approach has been that I would change my eating habits and wasnt concerned with winning but it appears I am in the running coming down to the last 4 days.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to approach these last days to try to pull off a win? Should I go really light on calories? Should I go real low on carbs? Stop eating 24 hours before weigh in?

As soon as the contest is over I'm right back to responsible eating. I'm just hoping to find a way to be as low as I can on Thursday. I want to steal a win here.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    fast, then weight train hard for 30 minutes, stay on low carbs

fast 16 hours ideally, but stay hydrated

otzi Guest
    Do exactly this: 1 med size (less than 1/2 pound) potato for lunch, no butter--plain. Eat 2 med size potatoes for dinner, plain. Salt, pepper vinegar--nothing else. Drink coffee and water. You will win.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Chop off a limb.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Do exactly this: 1 med size (less than 1/2 pound) potato for lunch, no butter--plain. Eat 2 med size potatoes for dinner, plain. Salt, pepper vinegar--nothing else. Drink coffee and water. You will win.
    This may sound counter intuitive, but works.
    I didn't do a potato hack or anything, but transitioned from 60-70g of carbs a day to approx 130g by adding white potatoes with dinner. I've been losing weight steadily since.
    Potatoes keep me full forever. I end up eating less.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Chop off a limb.

Definitely effective....................maybe a bit more permanent than I was thinking. I have considered a hair cut though.

firemart is offline Member
    What's up with this potato stuff? I'm confused as hell.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Go zero carbs for the last days, low fibre, low sodium, below 1000 calories, high protein(whey powders!). Do a high volume full body depletion workout 48 hours out. Last 18 hours as little water or liquids as possible, go for a jog with lot's of clothes and finish with sauna. Sip 10 cl of hard licour instead of water the night before. In the morning make sure to get rid of all poo and bowel contents, and also take Sauna in the morning if you have the possibility...

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Go zero carbs for the last days, low fibre, low sodium, below 1000 calories, high protein(whey powders!). Do a high volume full body depletion workout 48 hours out. Last 18 hours as little water or liquids as possible, go for a jog with lot's of clothes and finish with sauna. Sip 10 cl of hard licour instead of water the night before. In the morning make sure to get rid of all poo and bowel contents, and also take Sauna in the morning if you have the possibility...
    Yes this. It will be so awesome when you get to work looking like a corpse and then pass out during the weigh in.

What do you get if you win? Is it worth messing with your health? If so then i recommend the potato diet for the next four days, it is sure fire to drop 4-8lbs and will keep you alive.

The prize is an iPad but I'm not looking to do anything dangerous to win. I wont have the opportunity or fitness level to do depletion workouts or saunas before the weigh in but am mainly interested in whether a 24 hour fast is worth doing and should I have water the day of the weigh in at lunch time.

My only plan so far is to stick to eating in an 8 hour window and cut way back on the carbs for the week. I will likely walk/jog most nights this week and do a workout or two but that is pretty much what I've been doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast