Thread: Low carb flour page

Angelique is offline Member

Low carb flour

Shop Now
    Has anyone tried any low carb flour or flour substitutes that taste and work well in recipes? I have a few recipes that require a small amount of flour in the entire recipe such as a half cup in a recipe that serves six. I'm trying to stay low carb as I want to lose weight. Also, I want to stay primal. Any suggestions? Thanks!

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    There are plenty of recipes with coconut flour, I love the banana nut muffins and blueberry or raspberry muffins with coconut flour

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
    Has anyone tried any low carb flour or flour substitutes that taste and work well in recipes? I have a few recipes that require a small amount of flour in the entire recipe such as a half cup in a recipe that serves six. I'm trying to stay low carb as I want to lose weight. Also, I want to stay primal. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    They're all different, so it's hard to make generalizations, aside from the fact that many are very expensive and most of them work better in some recipes than others.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Coconut flour is reliable; in terms of "weight loss", however, the baked goods I have made pretty much have similar calorie counts to standard bake goods. A 300 calorie muffin is 300 calories whether low carb or high carb. If you want to lose weight, you just can't regularly eat any type of baked goods.

That said, coconut flour is perfect to make treats that will stop a craving and taste great without the impact of gluten.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

steevennsmithh is offline Junior Member

low carb

hi........................
    everyone Are you considering a weight loss diet? You may plan to start by cutting out cookies and chips, but be careful. Limiting people’s choices of junk food makes them eat less junk food, but doesn’t help them to lose weight because they tend to compensate by eating more calories within other food groups,