Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 8

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    odd duplicate post...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I have also talked to Derp about him doing something but i think the general consensus is that there are much smarter people already writing and helping.
    I disagree. I think you two have heaps to offer that I havent seen in other places. Anyway, success is all about a good team, and marketing.

"Parallel Metabolisms" might live yet
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I disagree. I think you two have heaps to offer that I havent seen in other places. Anyway, success is all about a good team, and marketing.

"Parallel Metabolisms" might live yet
    Like what exactly?

Everything i do or say is from others, i guess its the fact that i collected it from so many different people that makes the difference. Im not a good writer though and my thoughts on the subject are so all over the place that it would be damn near impossible for me to write a comprehensive and cohesive blog or book.

We're all the sum total of everything we've seen, but from that we formulate our own truth

And I appreciate the truth you've shaped. You see the dangers of orthorexia, you're not a slave to science, you recognise the importance of happiness, and you're well informed. Seriously, so few people are grounded these days that you're approach is pretty unique! Anyway, you don't have to blog or write a book to do something in nutrition - I would more see you working with people as a coach or something.

I'm imagining the disgust on your lurking enemies faces as they read this, ha

Ooops, sorry Paleomom for hijacking your journal!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    We're all the sum total of everything we've seen, but from that we formulate our own truth

And I appreciate the truth you've shaped. You see the dangers of orthorexia, you're not a slave to science, you recognise the importance of happiness, and you're well informed. Seriously, so few people are grounded these days that you're approach is pretty unique! Anyway, you don't have to blog or write a book to do something in nutrition - I would more see you working with people as a coach or something.

That was really helpful and articulate, thanks!

No worries and I agree with everything you've been saying to Zach. Great coach material

Well, I woke up today with a body that feels and looks like it has lost weight and I totally resisted the urge to weigh and measure!

I had an argument yesterday with DH that first gave me the urge to starve myself to spite him and then instead I ate a ton while he was gone so I wouldn't have to eat in front of him later. I realized how I'm completely unable to eat in front of people I don't feel safe with. I would rather starve. I think in part this has to do with the level of annoyance I used to feel towards my parents for the sounds they made while eating. I would sometimes have to just leave the room so I wouldn't look crazy by blowing my top over chewing (not something I ever actually did). So now I feel like others might feel that way towards me and I can't stand the idea of being that annoying to someone, and for some reason being that annoying to someone I'm mad at is 10x worse. I'm not usually critical of other people but if I'm slightly annoyed with a person and the room is quiet and they are eating.... I don't think I've ever noticed a friend chewing, just family I guess. Wow, this is real interesting stuff! How many people just rolled their eyes and found a new thread? !

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    YB, I'm trying to kill the habit but I too am one who pops out of bed, tape measure in hand. First bathroom, weight, measure, write it down and decide how I feel about myself. So sad! I'd been getting good about not weighing but after cutting a bit I got super curious again. For some reason I've been able to keep the tape measure put away.

One good thing though is that I notice I'm not as upset by the numbers not going down. I mostly want to just see them stop going up anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Well, I woke up today with a body that feels and looks like it has lost weight and I totally resisted the urge to weigh and measure!
    That's great news Paleomom! I reckon that weight loss comes in ups and downs, so the scales and measuring tape are totally worthless in the short term.

I had an argument yesterday with DH that first gave me the urge to starve myself to spite him and then instead I ate a ton while he was gone so I wouldn't have to eat in front of him later. I realized how I'm completely unable to eat in front of people I don't feel safe with. I would rather starve. I think in part this has to do with the level of annoyance I used to feel towards my parents for the sounds they made while eating. I would sometimes have to just leave the room so I wouldn't look crazy by blowing my top over chewing (not something I ever actually did). So now I feel like others might feel that way towards me and I can't stand the idea of being that annoying to someone, and for some reason being that annoying to someone I'm mad at is 10x worse. I'm not usually critical of other people but if I'm slightly annoyed with a person and the room is quiet and they are eating.... I don't think I've ever noticed a friend chewing, just family I guess. Wow, this is real interesting stuff! How many people just rolled their eyes and found a new thread? !
    That's funny - I actually started writing similar thoughts earlier on - thinking about how I got to have the habits with food that I have. I've also got issues eating in front of people... but for me it was cos' food was a form of escapism, and if anyone else was around it would take me out of the moment.

I have a feeling that learning to eat in front of others is a really important part of recovery. Then food becomes something to be shared; sometimes that sustains and nourishes life, instead of a secret that makes you fat...

- Ray Peat

I almost forgot the best news, my morning temp was 99!!

That's great news Paleomom! I reckon that weight loss comes in ups and downs, so the scales and measuring tape are totally worthless in the short term.

That's funny - I actually started writing similar thoughts earlier on - thinking about how I got to have the habits with food that I have. I've also got issues eating in front of people... but for me it was cos' food was a form of escapism, and if anyone else was around it would take me out of the moment.

I have a feeling that learning to eat in front of others is a really important part of recovery. Then food becomes something to be shared; sometimes that sustains and nourishes life, instead of a secret that makes you fat...
    The funny thing is how I never thought of myself as someone that had a hard time eating in front of others. All this thinking about where these food issues come from has me realizing how different my eating habit are in front of other people that when I'm alone. I think I would go crazy if I went someplace where 100% of my time was in the presence of others so that there could be no eating by myself. Actually, I guess I have been in situations like that on vacations or family reunions. I always lose weight

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast