Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 7

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I always had these fluctuation in appetite, but now I'm allowing myself to actually listen to them and eat more! It often follows after heavy activity and on days when I'm tired and recovering from that activity, rarely on the day of the activity when I seem so capable of skipping meals if I don't make an effort to eat.

I was doubting if cutting was right because I hadn't had these larger fluctuations in appetite since eating more and thought it might be a sign I was allowing myself to go back to restricting. I suppose as long as I'm listening to it and eating then it should be okay.
    I completely know what you mean! I was having those doubts too, cos' I noticed I was eating less but I'm realising that I'm just listening to and trusting my body. I graze if I want, have small meals if I want, or have a big meal if I want. I really believe now that the body knows what it needs, when it needs it, and it's not a linear process.

I don't know if you read my latest post in my journal, but I lost two lbs pretty much in two days. All I'm doing is listening to my appetite and moving more.

I have been waiting for the body to want to move. It comes in bursts and then passes though. When coming out of my adrenal/CFS daze I really learned to listen to this quite a bit. As I recovered I realized I didn't have to ever force activity. I had thought I was lazy because I had been that way for so long, but when the energy came back I couldn't believe how good it felt to move and was basically unavoidable. I finally understood what people meant about exercise making them feel good and giving them energy. I had thought they were all a bunch of liars before that! I truly believe that people whose bodies are ready for exercise will naturally want to do so, if they don't it is a sign that healing is needed.
    I've just come to this conclusion as well This process has been unbelievably nlightening, hasn't it?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I did notice you'd lost two pounds! That is great

Since lowering my cals I went down 2 pounds in as many days and then gained a pound back the next. Then I decided weighing myself was going to make me restrict to see the scale move down each day and hate myself when it went up so I didn't weigh today and I'm going to try not to until Tuesday (my weighing day). I could just feel it already starting to get in my head again.

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont like that im seeing the word restrict! Remember that the point isnt to see how long you can go wothout calories but to not think about food until you get a signal to eat. Ideally this should happen for everything, sleep, exercise, food, sex, rest, etc. this is something i have been working on greatly the last few months. I threw away all schedules and am trying to be completely in tune. Some days i will take a nap, most days i will exercise and only when the insperation hits me, i will only eat when i feel the need. Its very liberating and goes well with my minimalistic lifestyle.

Oh and stop weighing yourself everyday (or at all). Start using a full length mirror and get used to the sight of your body and that plus the way clothes fit will tell you wcerythin you need to know. Numbers mean nothing.

Wise words, Zach. I didn't really mean to being weighing myself again, it's a bit of a compulsion. My thinking about food is certainly getting better, but I'm certainly not able to go completely without thinking of food between meals yet. That will always be somewhat difficult as I'm planning what to feed my kids next whether I'm hungry or not.

Zach is offline Banned
    Wise words, Zach. I didn't really mean to being weighing myself again, it's a bit of a compulsion. My thinking about food is certainly getting better, but I'm certainly not able to go completely without thinking of food between meals yet. That will always be somewhat difficult as I'm planning what to feed my kids next whether I'm hungry or not.
    Yea kids throw a huge monkey wrench into health. Some days i feel like i need the entire day for myself and that almost is never possible. Most days i just feel like my sons servant, making 6 meals a, cleaning 10 messes, playing the same games. hahaha.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Wise words, Zach.
    Zach, have you ever thought about setting up a business that did nutritional coaching for people? Your approach is so sensible and mature. You know tons, and you're clearly very passionate about it. Derp could be your man behind the scenes, writing the copy and scaring away the opposition

Oh, and Paleomom, I really agree... ditch the scales. Just weigh once a week. Measurements are more accurate anyway, but it's better not to even do that. I remember last time I was getting thin (June) I would wake at 4 in the morning (after 3 hours sleep), jump out of bed and immediately measure my hips to see if I'd "lost weight". Psycho. And very sad It's kind of insane that we are such slaves to numbers.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Zach, have you ever thought about setting up a business that did nutritional coaching for people? Your approach is so sensible and mature. You know tons, and you're clearly very passionate about it. Derp could be your man behind the scenes, writing the copy and scaring away the opposition

Oh, and Paleomom, I really agree... ditch the scales. Just weigh once a week. Measurements are more accurate anyway, but it's better not to even do that. I remember last time I was getting thin (June) I would wake at 4 in the morning (after 3 hours sleep), jump out of bed and immediately measure my hips to see if I'd "lost weight". Psycho. And very sad It's kind of insane that we are such slaves to numbers.
    Haha, no most the time i just want to throw my computer against the wall and never speak of nutrition again.

My life does seem to be going that way though, im sure i will end up in a health related field but i am much more passionate about strength and movement. I have also talked to Derp about him doing something but i think the general consensus is that there are much smarter people already writing and helping.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with YogaBare Zach, you would make a great health coach.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I agree with YogaBare Zach, you would make a great health coach.
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Yes Zach, you are much appreciated

YB, I'm trying to kill the habit but I too am one who pops out of bed, tape measure in hand. First bathroom, weight, measure, write it down and decide how I feel about myself. So sad! I'd been getting good about not weighing but after cutting a bit I got super curious again. For some reason I've been able to keep the tape measure put away.

One good thing though is that I notice I'm not as upset by the numbers not going down. I mostly want to just see them stop going up anymore.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast