Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For the mature coconuts..
    1. stick something through the soft eye, one of the three will be easy to insert a chop stick of whatever.
    2. drain fluid.
    3. take a chefs knife or similar heavy knife, hold coconut in your opposite hand, turn knife to blunt side and wack the coconut parallel to the lines on it. wack it hard and the do a quarter turn in hard and keep doing this until it splits apart perfectly in half. (once you get good you can skip the first part and as soon as you feel it split, split it over a cup to remove water).
    4. take a small pairing knife or similar and make cuts in the meat from the center out, go all the way around the meat making cuts maybe a half in apart, make sure you cut all the way to the shell. Now just stick your knife underneath the meat and pry out the triangles. They should just pop out. If its a really old coconut then add extra cuts in a spiral motion.

For young coconuts with the fiber on the outside...
    1. take a chefs knife or cleaver and wack the top of the coconut a few times to make a deep cut, repeat this four times to make a 2~ inch square at the very top of the coconut.
    2. pry the 2" square out and it should be filled to the brim with water, dump the water.
    3. wack the coconut on the side of a hard surface, i like to use the inside of my sink. wack it on either side till you feel a split and then just pry it open with your hands. It should split down the middle easy. Inside will be a fine layer of gelatin like meat.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Thank you eKatherine and Zach for the coconut instructions. I'm going to try them out soon. I might even dehydrate some for homemade flakes.

My morning temp was 98.8 today! I'm in the warm part of the month though. I also woke up without heart palpitations which is a first in awhile. I'll see how the rest of the day goes, especially after I've eaten something.

I did have to wake up 2 times to go pee in the night, though I was drinking right up til bedtime. I had forgotten to say how my urine had become cloudy since starting to eat more/drink less but since drinking again, it went away immediately.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's all great news!!! Wow.

My contribution to cutting coconuts:

1) Approach nice Indian man
    2) Give him 20 rupees
    3) Watch him cut the top of the coconut off with a little sword
    4) Receive it with straw
    5) Drink
    6) Repeat as necessary

Another great drink is sugarcane juice.... heaven!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That's all great news!!! Wow.

My contribution to cutting coconuts:

1) Approach nice Indian man
    2) Give him 20 rupees
    3) Watch him cut the top of the coconut off
    4) Receive it with straw
    5) Drink
    6) Repeat as necessary

Another great drink is sugarcane juice.... heaven!
    Cute Did you study yoga in India? I used to be very into Astanga yoga and wanted to study over there but never did.

I am getting worried that my temp is pretty high but my weight is still inching up and up. I'm up 12 pounds now. I had imagined this going differently. I thought that when the temp was warm the metabolism is up and the gain should stop and then soon reverse. I have only been below 98.1 one day this month.... feeling frustrated as the weather heats up and I'm looking at all my summer clothes that don't fit.

Zach is offline Banned
    I would highly recommend you start thinking more about what and how muh you are eating if you want to start reversing the fat gain. Start slowly by cutting out excess fat that you dont need to be eating. Try not snacking between meals and stretching meals out until you are sure your hungry. Stop drinking liquid calories. Stuff like that, just slowly start refining and tweaking things without actually stopping what you are doing.

Zach,

I think I will start doing just that. With my temps already close to ideal I don't see much benefit in over doing it anymore. I have been feeling more like eating less and less and I have, compared to what I started with, but feel like going even lower. I don't want to go below 2000 calories for now but I think allowing myself to eat less when I feel like it is wise at this stage. I would also like getting back to no snacking. I needed it for awhile to get the extra food in, but I have always preferred how I feel when I keep food to meal times. It makes me think about food a lot at first but then after awhile I feel like it makes food go more to the back of my mind.

I remember on Molly Galbraith's site she said going up to body weight x 15 which puts me around 2100. What is your opinion on that? Weekly Reader Question # 8: Bust Through Your Fat Loss Plateau (Part 2) | Molly Galbraith

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    The purpose is to get the metabolism up again so we can eat more in the future right? How many cals a day were you on before you started this Paleomom?

Tbh, I absolutely cannot put on more weight, so I'm guessing I'm going to start cutting quite soon too. I don't know if it's the right thing to do though...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    PM, i think thats the right thing to do. Definitely dont go below 2000 calories and dont allow yourself to go hungry. Your temps are great so i think its a good time to focus on returning to normal eating. Just remember nutrient dense foods that you like to eat. No forcing foods you don like but think are "healthy" and no going hungry if you think you have eaten enough calories.

Yb, i dont think cutting is right for you just yet. Wait until you try the betein and also get some results on your thyroid. I know you hate gaining fat but thats the thing, noone likes it but sometimes its necessary to heal. If you do feel like you absolutely have to lose some fat then do it the smart way. Make a plan and stick to that plan. Dont allow yourself room to go back to your old ways and think of the diet as a temporary fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    PM, i think thats the right thing to do. Definitely dont go below 2000 calories and dont allow yourself to go hungry. Your temps are great so i think its a good time to focus on returning to normal eating. Just remember nutrient dense foods that you like to eat. No forcing foods you don like but think are "healthy" and no going hungry if you think you have eaten enough calories.

Sounds good. I won't go below 2000 but will not allow hunger either. I always eat pretty nutrient dense good foods, so I'll let my body tell me what I need when for the most part unless it seems way too unbalanced. I'll push the calories back up again if I see my temps going back down.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast