Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 22

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I think so but I'm not 100% sure. I have supplemented with pregnenolone in the past though but I stopped when a Dr. told me that it can be worse for some people to take that instead of the things they are actually low in because their messed up bodies can sometimes want to continue producing more of what it doesn't need and still too little of what they do need. For example it will possibly go to make too much estrogen in a person who is already estrogen dominant instead of making more progesterone.
    That's actually a really, really good point. Now I'm very glad I listened to my instincts and didn't buy it

I have a feeling you're going to lose weight PM!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That's actually a really, really good point. Now I'm very glad I listened to my instincts and didn't buy it

I have a feeling you're going to lose weight PM!
    I hope your right!

I found my test results (hiding in a book).

Total cholesterol 175
    LDL-C Direct 111
    HDL-C 60
    Triglycerides 62
    Non-HDL-C 116

Apo B 72
    LDL-P 969
    sdLDL-C 22
    % sdLDL-C 20
    Apo A-I 141
    HDL-P 34.3
    HDL2-C 20
    Apo B;Apo A-I 0.51
    Lp(a) Mass 7

Insulin 4
    Free Fatty Acid 0.74 (this was in the high risk range)
    Glucose 79
    Leptin 10

Cholestanol 3.57 (high)
    Cholestanol Ratio 203 (high)

So, overall okay but I could get my VLDL size down a bit and my HDL size down and for some reason I'm a high cholesterol absorber whatever that means. Also my free fatty acid was really high which usually goes along with high glucose and insulin but mine are low...

lots of other stuff here that I don't know anything about too...
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 09-13-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Another low energy day. I just want to be in bed all day. Too much fruit? or just a coincidence? I'm not sure what is up, I felt so great eating this way for the first half of the week. Yesterday I felt bad from some moldy plums but my stomach feels all better today and it doesn't seem like that should be making me feel so tired, especially since I feel I passed all the plums out.

Weighed in today. It has been a week eating Peat and no weight loss so far.

I just caved on the low fat thing and had a nice thick slice of raw cheese and 2 glasses of WHOLE raw milk and feel a ton better instantly. I'm not sure I'm cut out for low fat eating.

Zach is offline Banned
    Women do better with more fat. There is plenty of wiggle room on this diet for cheese and whole fat milk, among other things.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Women do better with more fat. There is plenty of wiggle room on this diet for cheese and whole fat milk, among other things.
    Like ice cream and chocolate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Like ice cream and chocolate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Exactly like ice cream and chocolate.

My energy actually went straight back to crap about 15 minutes after I wrote that When I get super tired like this my brain often turns off at the same time, making it hard to remember what I've done and what might have been a problem... which brings me to eggs:

I had stopped eating eggs in the spring because they cause my seasonal allergies to be 10x worse. The rest of the year I have questioned whether they are causing me fatigue or not (sometimes I feel okay and other times it knocks me out), but this year I have not had them until just this week. The last two days I had an egg in my morning chai. I'm hoping this was it, I'm barely able to move my body around the house! Not good.

I do think I do best with more fat but wanted to keep it low for some fat loss action. Now that I remembered about the eggs I'm going to try and stick with the low fat (minus eggs!) tomorrow and see if that goes better. If not, I always have plenty of dairy fat waiting in the fridge

Zach, I was realizing that you are eating the same macros as the PHD except the fructose/glucose ratio is inverted. He does give ranges for the macros, but you are inside those for sure. I had been eating that way and feeling pretty good (on the higher end of fat) but now will find it interesting to compare the difference of eating mostly starch for carbs vs. mostly fructose. He gave compelling info for glucose over fructose, but Peat seems to make lots of sense too. I'll just have to see what my body likes best.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mmmmm, found some Taza chocolate in my purse Thanks for the reminder!

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast