Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 21

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you, but I found it on the Peat forum

I also realized when rereading my test results and explanation that because of my lack of ovulation that cycle I can't really be all that certain with my estrogen. I also realized when reading more about Peat's recommendations that I mostly already eat that way! I just used to feel guilty about it and now I can think "I'm supposed to eat like this" I don't like eating much meat (flesh of any kind), starches are a bother and I always want to go for dairy and fruit first, everything else is a compromise. I will put more effort into getting broth and gelatine. I realized that my favorite treat is very Peat - homemade chai made with my raw milk, honey and spices. I added extra honey today

I love watermelon but it is so expensive and organic is even more out of the question. Right now at the farmers market I'm able to pick up organic local apples, pears, peaches and plums. I didn't buy a single veggie this week and I'm chuckling to myself about it.

I hardly have to make any changes to really give this a direct go, so I see no reason not to try this for awhile and see if I notice anything. I sure slept awesome last night with the gelatine injected broth.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Those answers weren't too helpful anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. But I do think this woe would help most hormonal conditions. Focus on raising your progesterone, and I'm sure your other hormones will balance out too. Just checked your thyroid numbers - your T3 is practically borderline! A high carb diet will help with that a lot.

That's so funny, but this woe is exactly how I want to eat too! Dairy was always my favourite food when I was a child... and sweets Hot milk with honey was my favourite drink, and I ALWAYS loved coffee. I was never into savoury food. I now believe that the foods we liked as kids are the foods we should be eating! This woe is definitely the best I've ever felt. I'm sure the progesterone is mostly responsible, but the diet is definitely helping.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Perhaps we are naturally drawn to this type of food BECAUSE our hormones are off. I'm curious if I get tested in the future and everything is just perfect if my tastes might have changed....

I have been doing a few cosmetic experiments recently. The Tanaka face massage, the No Lipo-lipo massage on the thighs and the derma roller (1mm) on my scars.

At first I thought the tanaka massage was doing wonders but then I suddenly had bags of fluid under my eyes. I have never in my life had any sort of puffiness there, so I know it had to be the massage. I have backed off now and it has gone away but I'm still wanting to do the massage so, I'll just be more careful to not push so hard. It was really smoothing out my face a ton though. I don't have wrinkles but has started getting more of that lumpy droopy look that age brings. I'm making it sound bad but it is really subtle, hubby still says I look 20 (I don't) but I'm just saying that this isn't some miracle that might make a 60 year old look 15 or something

The thigh massage and more vigorous skin brushing is making some improvement to the cellulite but it is subtle and not a huge change yet...

No change yet with the derma roller...

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    The DHEA is really helping a ton. I went lower for a bit and then back up (I was having trouble but it turned out to be the adrenal support not the dhea). I don't know if more might be even better but this is what my Dr. is telling me to do and he seems sharp I think this is what is giving me the greatest boost in my energy and mental clarity. It is also making my boobs grow like crazy. I have gone from a 34C to a 36D at my fullest part of the month and 36C at the smallest. I used to be a 34B but went up to a 34C with the fenugreek. Still very perky too, so I feel really OUT there
    Reading here as I said I would :P YB was right, our bloodwork is pretty similar. Glad to hear the DHEA and other things are improving your situation. Fingers crossed it does for me, too! With that in mind, this has reminded me I need to take mine now, haha.

A note on bra size, my aformentioned new bra purchases in the other thread are to correct the terrible bra fittings that we have here in the States, where they even had me purchase a 38D because of some reason or another.

I'm 34 inches across my ribs (where the brastrap is), and that is the band I should be wearing, full stop, with cups expanding as necessary. With that in mind, if you were a 34C and your boobs got bigger, putting you in a 36D size cup, but your ribs are otherwise the same -- you should really be in a 34DD! Exactly the sizes I'm wearing right now (36D) and what i'm also "upgrading" to (34DD).

Cup size is relative to the band, so a 36B is the same boob size as a 34C, or a 32D, or a 30DD ... Victoria's secret makes pretty bras, but sucks with availability, since they don't carry under 32 bands, or cups over DD, both of which exist and are very frequent if fitted correctly! (which is part of the bad sizing problem, imo)

I think i've turned into a bra nerd, but once I found one that fits correctly, man did it make a difference.

And sorry to have hijacked; back to your regularly scheduled programming. This WOE does agree with me as well, it stunk to have cut all those good carby things out for so long

I didn't actually see your other posts on bra size, I was just saying that because these hormones really made my breasts start growing. I really did need to go up in band size too, the 34 was cutting in too much. I had been fitting a 34D but was coming out a bit (couldn't find a 34DD) but then I tried the 36C which was so much more comfy around the band. I come spilling out at my biggest time of the month but overall this one fits me the best for the most number of days of the month

Sorry I don't have more to add on the hormones, I'm usually full of unsolicited advice I'm still trying to fine tune things myself.

Glad you two are talking Isn't it interesting that you have such similar results and experiences? I wonder if you both have a condition that hasn't been "discovered" / named yet? Oestrogen dominance (which is what I have) was only coined in the last twenty years.

I'm still trying to fine tune things myself.
    Meeee too. I'm experimenting with this thyroid sup right now... not sure if it's the right decision, but I figure it can't hurt too much to try it for a few weeks...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I sort of wonder if I am even capable of producing enough hormones. I have never been tested for anything and been anything but low. Decades of trying to get better makes me wonder if getting better is simply finding the right dose of the right stuff and staying on it forever...

Yeah, I sort of wonder if I am even capable of producing enough hormones. I have never been tested for anything and been anything but low. Decades of trying to get better makes me wonder if getting better is simply finding the right dose of the right stuff and staying on it forever...
    Have you ever had your pregnenolone checked? It's a precursor for most hormones. ANd how is your cholesterol?

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Have you ever had your pregnenolone checked? It's a precursor for most hormones. ANd how is your cholesterol?
    I think so but I'm not 100% sure. I have supplemented with pregnenolone in the past though but I stopped when a Dr. told me that it can be worse for some people to take that instead of the things they are actually low in because their messed up bodies can sometimes want to continue producing more of what it doesn't need and still too little of what they do need. For example it will possibly go to make too much estrogen in a person who is already estrogen dominant instead of making more progesterone.

I can't find my cholesterol results! I'm looking and will post when I find them Nothing was really bad, just not perfect.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast