Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 2

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday went so much better! Thank you all for the advice. I hadn't been ignoring my thirst before but had tried to drink less for just the pleasure of it (warm tea) which seams to have led to practically no drinking at all. Yesterday I drank probably a few liters worth of water, tea and juice. I found the more I drank the thirstier I became. I added salt and trace mineral drops and took a bit extra magnesium too.

I had enough energy to do a 2 hour egg hunt with my girls and no get tired. Probably walked a few miles in that time (we're on 5 acres). I wasn't super energetic but never hit a wall either. I'm going to see where this goes a few day before tracking foods again. That was a real problem for me and I'm finding myself in this wonderful place mentally thanks to not tracking. I'll go back to it if things don't continue to improve.

Thanks to feeling better I also started a fresh batch of kombucha, fermented carrots and made coconut bark (my favorite CO delivery system). I might even do some beef jerky today.

Amazing what a little water can do! I never drank a ton in the first place so I suppose I wasn't really the type of person to benefit from cutting it back more.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea just like anything, his advice can be taken too far. I think he directed that book on the average clean eating dietsr who carries a nalgene bottle everywhere they go and wonders why the constantly feel cold and have energy crashes.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yesterday went so much better! Thank you all for the advice. I hadn't been ignoring my thirst before but had tried to drink less for just the pleasure of it (warm tea) which seams to have led to practically no drinking at all. Yesterday I drank probably a few liters worth of water, tea and juice. I found the more I drank the thirstier I became. I added salt and trace mineral drops and took a bit extra magnesium too.

I had enough energy to do a 2 hour egg hunt with my girls and no get tired. Probably walked a few miles in that time (we're on 5 acres). I wasn't super energetic but never hit a wall either. I'm going to see where this goes a few day before tracking foods again. That was a real problem for me and I'm finding myself in this wonderful place mentally thanks to not tracking. I'll go back to it if things don't continue to improve.

Thanks to feeling better I also started a fresh batch of kombucha, fermented carrots and made coconut bark (my favorite CO delivery system). I might even do some beef jerky today.

Amazing what a little water can do! I never drank a ton in the first place so I suppose I wasn't really the type of person to benefit from cutting it back more.
    That's so great you're feeling better!!! I definitely noticed my thirst increasing when I upped my cals - it makes sense I suppose. Do you like coconut water? I think it's the most amazing, rehydrating substance there is! Plus I love the taste. I'm suffering a bit in Ireland cos' you can't get it here and I'm reduced to drinking water which just doesn't have teh same effect. I'm going to take Zach's tip and start adding salt, and maybe lemon too.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I'll have to try the coconut water. I've seen it but over here it comes in horrible packaging so I thought I'd rather not know if I liked it or I might be tempted all the time! We have horrid recycling in my town so I have to be more careful what I buy. Perhaps there is some in glass now, it has been awhile since I've looked at it. We have coconut water kefir at the health store that I LOVE like crazy. KeVita is the brand. I would love to make gallons of that at home!

Zach is offline Banned
    You could just buy coconuts and drink it from the source.

Baby coconuts, the ones in the white fiber are completely full of water, prob 8-16oz in each one. The older coconuts (brown circles) have like 3-8oz in them.

I tried some coconut water today. I swear it didn't even go into my stomach but directly to the cells. Very strange feeling!

Good idea with the whole coconuts! That will be lots of fun for the kids too.

Zach is offline Banned
    I became a pro at cracking and demeating both kinds. Coconuts can definitaly be very fun!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I tried some coconut water today. I swear it didn't even go into my stomach but directly to the cells. Very strange feeling!
    That's exactly it! Totally rehydrating.

Ha, yeah I've become a pro at just consuming large quantities Used to drink it fresh from coconuts when I lived in India, but not so lucky in rainy old london.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Okay, you two, what is the best way to open and demeat a coconut?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Okay, you two, what is the best way to open and demeat a coconut?
    Here's what I do:

1. Punch or drill holes through the eyes, then drain the water into a cup. Strain out any shell debris with a strainer or filter.
    2. Hit it with a mallet until it breaks apart.
    3. Pry the meat from the shell using the mallet and a narrow-bladed screwdriver.
    4. Break the meat into chunks and peel them with a vegetable parer.

It is hard work.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast