Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 18

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry PM - my response must have been frustrating for you. I had no idea that you've already spent so much time and money trying to figure things out... that really sounds crazy that nothing showed up in your blood tests with previous endos...

Okay. I'm going to suggest something really out there. Have you ever tried Reiki, or something to that effect? I'm not saying it will "heal" you, but if you go to someone who is good, they'll be able to tell you how the energy in your body is flowing, and where they believe the major problems are. I've had loads of energy healing over the years, and they always told me that my problem areas were my throat (thyroid) and my reproductive system. One woman even told me I had a problem with my ovaries!

Even if you get no info out of it, it's a lovely, destressing experience. (Applogies in advance if you're religious and not into those things).

Regarding my own diagnosis: I got a scan of my womb, and it confirmed that I'm not ovulating, and my blood showed low prog, high est. So it all tied in. It fits in with everything I've experienced in life too... I do believe that all illnesses have emotional roots (disease = Dis- ease).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    YB, don't be sorry, I wasn't frustrated at all. Sorry if I came off that way in my response. I'm always worried how my words "sound" to others. I'm terrible with the written word and feel so much more comfortable in person where I feel more certain that my intention was clear. HUGS!

I just got back from the new ND. He seems awesome! I have to wait until day 19-21 of my cycle to do most of my tests and then 3 weeks for the results, so it will be awhile as unfortunately today is day 1 of my cycle He is testing my estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, dhea, cortisol (4 times of the day), TSH, fT3, fT4, TPO, D2/3, comp. metabolic panel, CBC w/auto diff/plts, sed rate and rheumatoid factor. He mentioned another test for mitochondrial function that we might do after these. He thinks I'm not really working on a mitochondrial level. I'm also supposed to drink coconut water daily, just like you YB Other than that we aren't doing anything until the results are in. It is a breath of fresh air to go to a Dr. that is already on the exact same page with food, plus he just seemed very knowledgeable. He is also a licenced Chinese med Dr. and does acupuncture and all that. He said my spleen, liver and pulse are weak.

I have heard of Reiki but never been to someone. I'll have to keep my eyes out. I live in a small town, so some things can be hard to find. Anything relaxing is a bonus though. That is pretty amazing that you go the same diagnosis on your womb from both practices. Sounds like you found a very skilled pracitioner!

Noooooo - you didn't come across like that at all! I'm just very sensitive to other people's feelings and wanted to make sure I hadn't poked you in a sore spot. Your intention was defo clear

That's great news about the doc! So nice to have someone who wants to help you get to the bottom of things. And that's an exhaustive panel - I'm impressed he's taking the cortisol 4 times (blood or saliva?) Apparently you're supposed to do that with estradiol too.

Yeah, I recommend it even as a relaxing experience. I used to be a practitioner, and it's unreal how much I used to be able to pick up from people, just from the way their body was pulsating. Incredible really. If you do decide to look into it just be careful about who you go to. If the person practicing isn't self aware then they can end up draining you. Just like people in real life...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

The estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, dhea and cortisol are all saliva and the rest blood or blood spot. I think it is pretty standard to do 4x daily with the cortisol saliva test. All the blood tests I've had have been a single test though.

This morning my new Dr. emailed me a whole list of studies and info about all the possible treatments that we talked about. Pretty awesome! I love that he is keeping me informed and doesn't expect blind obedience.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey PM, just dropping by to say hi. I'm glad that you finally found a good doc. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Hey PM, just dropping by to say hi. I'm glad that you finally found a good doc. Keep us posted on how it goes!
    Thanks

Just popping in to say He-eyyy! I was thinking of you the other day, wondering how you're getting on. Hope the silence is a positive sign x

- Ray Peat

I have been busy in the garden and trying to stay away from the computer/diet obsession discussion. Last night I did pop in to catch up on your thread. I missed your pics though, I'm happy seeing you putting stages behind and moving forward to the next blockage. I'm really sick of the extra tire in the middle. I saw your bloated pic. a week or so ago, I would be ecstatic if I looked half that good when I wasn't bloated! I'm at a place where even sucking my stomach in, it protrudes quite a bit and in a very bulgy sloppy way. I'm really thinking about trying that metabolism diet you mentioned, I"m really needing to move on and get rid of this fat, it is super uncomfortable. I haven't been tracking calories but just eating as I please yet noticing that my consumption has gone way down. I was mentally tallying a few days and realizing I'm back to eating 1,000-1,400 calories on most days even though I'm working in the garden most of the day, every day. I didn't mean to be restricting again but I have accidentally been doing so (and yet I'm still not getting rid of this fat!). I haven't posted because I don't have anything positive to say about all of this or anything intelligent to add. If losing weight was going to be just as hard after doing all this I never would have allowed myself to do this. I'm simply 12 pounds higher from where I started, can't lose it and when I do I'll only be back to the weight where I was previously stuck at trying to lose almost 10 pounds from there! Super frustrated.

Aw girl... I can imagine how you feel. I know how horrible this weight thing is.

Maybe it might be a good time to read this thread again? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83345.html

I feel hopeful about the FMD. I like how it addresses health instead of weight loss. And the poster who told me about it (can't spell her username) said that after a loooooong plateau (which came after losing 15 lbs in 15 months on Primal), she's finally losing 3 lbs a week. When I get back from hols in two weeks the book should have arrived and I'm going to start a thread on it and share all the info (type it out) so people don't have to buy it and we can all do it together There's nothing wrong with wanting to get leaner, so long as it's with the right attitude (health is more important, and self esteem comes before the weight loss).

Any updates on your blood tests etc?

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Aw girl... I can imagine how you feel. I know how horrible this weight thing is.

Maybe it might be a good time to read this thread again? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83345.html

I feel hopeful about the FMD. I like how it addresses health instead of weight loss. And the poster who told me about it (can't spell her username) said that after a loooooong plateau (which came after losing 15 lbs in 15 months on Primal), she's finally losing 3 lbs a week. When I get back from hols in two weeks the book should have arrived and I'm going to start a thread on it and share all the info (type it out) so people don't have to buy it and we can all do it together There's nothing wrong with wanting to get leaner, so long as it's with the right attitude (health is more important, and self esteem comes before the weight loss).

Any updates on your blood tests etc?
    That was a good article. I don't think I'm coming from too bad of a place but it is hard to feel comfortable in my skin when my thighs are rubbing together in the hot sticky weather and my stomach barely stuffs itself into my clothes. At this point it is just physically uncomfortable. I don't feel too bad about myself since my hubby is happy with the changes, but I don't feel uber confident either.

I downloaded that book and have skimmed it over. Easy enough to give it a try. I like that it is about lowering cortisol, protecting the thyroids and getting the metabolism up - NOT just cutting calories or forever eliminating foods. It is certainly something I can do for a month and see what happens. If it really works a month would be all I needed anyway.

I get the tests back in two weeks. I had to wait until day 20 of my cycle to take them, which just happens this last Tuesday. It is hard to wait, but will be super nice to see where I'm actually at. My energy has been pretty good lately even while doing tons of work in the garden/yard which usually wears me out. My memory though has become horrific and I think I forget about burners that I've turned on about 70% of the time!

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast