Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: PaleoMom's Diet Recovery page 10

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    So glad it resonated Jenn! I actually live with an alcoholic, and I can see a lot of my ED behaviour in him. He hides his beer cans, and watches the clock for "acceptable" times to drink. He's very unhappy and drink makes him feel better. What makes you think you are using food as escapism?

And thanks so much for the warm words - they mean a lot. I'm really glad to hear you're reading. Don't be a stranger!
    Are you referring to your husband? I believe you said something else about fighting with him about food and not being able to eat around him? I dont want to read into this but it sounds like there might be a problem?

Also keep doing what your doing and i bet you will start to a downward trend. The hardest part about doin this is staying consistent and consciously following your hunger. Your doing awesome.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Are you referring to your husband? I believe you said something else about fighting with him about food and not being able to eat around him? I dont want to read into this but it sounds like there might be a problem?

Also keep doing what your doing and i bet you will start to a downward trend. The hardest part about doin this is staying consistent and consciously following your hunger. Your doing awesome.
    You do realise I posted that about the alcoholic?! Paleomom talked about arguing with her husband about something. I, in the meantime, live with a motley crew. An alcoholic, a sex addict, a food addict (me) and I think the last one is also a food addict.

It's a happy household.. :P
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You do realise I posted that about the alcoholic?! Paleomom talked about arguing with her husband about something. I, in the meantime, live with a motley crew. An alcoholic, a sex addict, a food addict (me) and I think the last one is also a food addict.

It's a happy household.. :P
    Oh, haha! No, i thought PM posted that.

Jeeze, sounds like quite the crew!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    PaleoMom, I think that two things you mentioned recently are really significant victories in themselves. Your temp being higher is one, but what I take as a HUGE sign of progress is that you're maintaining on double the amount of calories as was your previous maintenance intake. That sounds REEEEEALLLY promising, if you ask me! (or even if you don't! )

YB, I'm not sure whether or not I actually DO find some escape through food, but it's definitely something to ponder in addition to the ridiculously long list of things I ponder daily. I just realized recently that breaking "anything-and-everything-OTHER-THAN-BREAD" together, something that used to be a pleasurable experience, began having so many negatives attached to it that the pleasurable part of it really dwindled and it became more of a stressor and source of tension. I shouldn't have allowed it to get to that point, and that's probably a result of my having been defensive about it, perhaps even unnecessarily at times. I was/am always having to reassure family that my "unique food preferences" aren't "ABOUT MY WEIGHT!", but are about avoiding food that makes me feel like shit as a result of allergies, intolerances, etc. The only reason I've ever explained any of it is in an effort to avoid offending the family members preparing the food - it's awesome stuff, and I WISH I could eat it all!

Eating at home, either alone or with my daughter (who gets it), is just easier and a much better experience. I wonder if I've begun to rely on it as a source of relaxation as much as a time for nourishment and re-fueling. I'm honestly not sure, I'll have to start paying more attention... but either way, I need to get back to being able to enjoy the social aspect of having meals with family and friends regardless of what I eat in comparison to the rest of em.

Keep up the experimentation, you two - and keep posting about it!
    Last edited by GoJenGo; 04-09-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Jen,
    You are right, it is a big sign to maintain on twice as much food. I would be more excited to be maintaining less of me but I'm sure that will come in time

I ate two huge bowls of veggies last night, a stir fry with cauliflower "rice". I never digest veggies like that very well, even with HCl and enzymes, but it was so tasty and I've been wanting more veggies lately. I was so bloated and gassy and my sleep was terrible.

I think the bad sleep had more to do with my body aching and my neck being on the verge of spasming on me. My back feels similar. I don't really know why this is happening. I have been very inactive the last 4 days yet I feel like I've been out digging holes and moving rocks!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hey PaleoMom, cauliflower, like broccoli, is a cruciferous veg and can gas gas & bloating in a lot of people. Perhaps it would help to lay off cruciferous vegetables for a little while and see how your digestion is without them? I never sleep well if I'm bloated!

A suggestion for your back & sleeping: try sleeping on your back, without a pillow. Your mattress could be at fault, but sometimes it helps to just lay out flat for a few nights so your muscles can relax optimally. I always try to sleep like that because my hips get crooked if I sleep on my side, and sleeping on my stomach hurts my lower back.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I ate two huge bowls of veggies last night, a stir fry with cauliflower "rice". I never digest veggies like that very well, even with HCl and enzymes, but it was so tasty and I've been wanting more veggies lately. I was so bloated and gassy and my sleep was terrible.

I think the bad sleep had more to do with my body aching and my neck being on the verge of spasming on me. My back feels similar. I don't really know why this is happening. I have been very inactive the last 4 days yet I feel like I've been out digging holes and moving rocks!
    Inflammation from the fiber. On my worst days it felt like i was on fire when trying to sleep, my vertabre would ache. Vegetables just are not good foods to eat in large quantities for most people. Im sure you have but read Ray Peats article, Vegetables, who defines food.

Sadly, cruciferous veggies are my favorites. I had about 3 cups of shredded cooked cauliflower last night with about equal portion of the other veggies on top of that. I will often have a few cup of broccoli at a time which isn't too bad but it doesn't give me a really empty feeling later that makes me want to each starch to sooth my stomach and fill it up.

I'll check out Peat's article, thanks. Inflammation from fiber... it certainly feels that way. I know extra fiber is bad for digestion, but I didn't realized the inflammation connection. That is very good to know.

LowTemp

This stuff is very interesting and has me really thinking. At the end he mentions dressing somewhat over warmly to avoid adrenal fatigue during this warming up period. I enjoy light clothing and bare feet and certainly have not been doing this, much the opposite actually. I've been experiencing more sensitivity to caffeine lately. I've always been sensitive but now even my one mug of weak white tea gives me trouble, which brings me to thinking I'm giving my adrenals trouble again.

My energy came up for a bit after increasing my liquids, but has gone back down again, though not nearly as low as before. I'm wondering if all this heating up could help me. I'm also wondering if I've still not been drinking enough water, I might try pushing to a bit too.

I'll also be taking my daytime temp a few times now. I've only been doing a morning one, but now I'm curious if I'm dropping during the daytime.

I went to the dentist yesterday and he said I have a cavity. The first one in my whole life. He only looked at it with a camera and for a few seconds. I'm actually going to get a second opinion, as he seemed really careless. I have always had an exceptionally deep groove in my back molar and he said he thought it was a cavity because it was deep. Never looked with his eyes or poked it with an instrument. New Dr. too.

That put me in a bad mood but also had me feeling like the more I try and take care of myself the worse things get sometimes! I'm sitting here with my first cavity, terrible fatigue (something that I fought for 15 years to get rid of and finally did last year and now I've brought it all back) and my flesh is bursting at the seams. I'm still getting heart palpitations (though much less than it was). I feel broken. If nothing else I just want my energy back. I have no idea how to undo what I've done. Go back to starving myself? That doesn't really make sense. Just feeling like I've run out of options.
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 04-13-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast