Thread: Online Body Fat % Calculators page

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Online Body Fat % Calculators

Primal Fuel
    Which ones do you like? I found this and it's okay being that it measures your gender, waist at narrowest point, waist at navel, hips, neck at narrowest point, height & weight. BUT my confusion comes with the results. They give two %'s -- one calculation is done by the Navy the other is by YMCA. Blah blah neither method is as accurate as water displacement, duh, but which one should I trust?? They differ by a good 8 percentage points.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb

I guess I should note that I'm doing this to try to figure out my lean body mass so I know how much protein to eat. With the higher %, I should be eating 102g protein, and the lower % I should be eating 116g. I'm trying to lose weight, not sure how much at this point, I 'look' like I weigh around 150-155lb, but actually weight 170lb.
    Last edited by Meggilizz; 05-05-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    As virtually all online calculators, they are hopelessly inaccurate for bootylicious ladies... I am NOT at 33%.

Rachel19 is offline Junior Member
    I like the ones you shared here. They are consistent with how my trainer measured me, right about 24% is where I think I am. I like being able to play with the numbers, too, and kind of figure out how my "ideal" measurements might translate into bf%.

There's another one I used to use on the linear software website. Sorry I don't have the link, but if you search linear software, it should come up.

I think these sites are fine as a way to gauge progress, in conjunction with measurements.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Oh, phew!!! These numbers made me feel a lot better than the Eades' and the one at healthstatus.com..... both came out about 27%. This one showed numbers in the low 25%. Maybe I should change my signature. =)
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Merci unchatenfrance, I guess I'll have to go with the caliper method then. I don't know WHY I thought it would be that easy to just plug in measurements and have a machine give me an accurate number. :P Durrrrf. Thanks guys, I'm glad the link I posted helped somebody!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry