Thread: Painful Urination? page

bathsheba is offline Junior Member

Painful Urination?

Shop Now
    Hi, if anyone has suggestions for me I would be very grateful.
    I went primal about 3 months ago. I have some health issues I'm trying to improve - hypothyroid, constipation, anxiety, chronic fatigue. I went gluten/dairy/soy free 2 years ago and it helped. Once I started primal I saw more improvement and was very excited.
    A few weeks into my primal adventure I got a cold virus. As my cold was ending I started having very painful urination. I used to get UTI's often but hadn't had one in 2 years. I thought this was a UTI but tested negative at the Dr.'s for UTI bacteria and was told it is just urethritis or inlflammation of the urethra and not to worry. I can't figure out why this is happening. I read that ketones in urine can cause pain but I tested negative. My carb intake is around 100g/day or so. This has been going on for about 5 weeks now and I feel stuck.
    Does anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem?
    Thank you!

Paleobird Guest
    Ketones in urine DO NOT cause pain. Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

As to what IS causing your pain, I don't know. You need to go back to the doctor and demand some more tests. Something like that going on for five weeks is just not right.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ketones in urine DO NOT cause pain. Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

As to what IS causing your pain, I don't know. You need to go back to the doctor and demand some more tests. Something like that going on for five weeks is just not right.
    if your doctor is the one who told you that, he/she is an idiot.

you need to go get more tests.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Not to be too blunt, but could be an STD. Go back and ask specifically for the test.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    it could be high pH in the urine as well... if your pee is dark yellow (concentrated) it's gonna burn when you pee..... drink more water!