Thread: Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain' page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'

Primal Fuel
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

wiltondeportes Guest
    double post
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-31-2013 at 02:50 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Nature's forms are a guide you can use in imagining physics at a quantum level and smaller. For instance, the early concept of the atom was easily imagined with the help of our solar system. I think the idea is silly that our universe is an actual working brain. I do, however, take the the theory seriously as it tries to describe matter concentrations and connection using certain brain imaging (like that picture in the article; it's not a CAT scan, so not sure what it is).

Another example of nature replicating basic physical laws is in the Golden Spiral (related to the 'golden ratio'). Well to be more specific, I believe it's the hyperbolic spiral we are all describing and not the Golden Spiral ratio, which is based upon logarithmic functions that are fundamentally averages/approximations. I think it's very curious that so many plants and even animals grow in particular ratios. Why does the Conch shell have a hyperbolic spiral? Why do galaxies have the hyperbolic spiral when viewed from the top?

I think I may have the answer to that. It has to do with re-evaluating the full meaning of e=mc^2. If we can accept that perpendicular velocities will not affect each other, a particle could move at c in two directions, multiplying to equal c^2. One of these directions is going to be the direction of travel, and one is going to be the direction of spin. Together, they both represent energy, which can be re-calculated into gravitational mass if you wish. This "gravitational mass" explains why spiral galaxies stick together for seemingly no reason.

I put "gravitational mass" in quotes because I don't believe gravity is an elementary force. It should be explainable within electro-magnetism if you realize that the spin I previously mentioned is an element of basic 'energy'.

(Whoops, forgot to explain) To come full circle on my hyperbolic spiral thought, my equations have a field line that looks like a hyperbolic spiral if seen from the top. That means if you magically dropped a particle near another, you would see the first particle move around the second particle in a path on or parallel to the field lines.

These are a couple of my theories that I'm going to school for so I can more academically spell them out.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear. Sorry, but this is completely off the wall. Your hypothesis regarding perpendicular velocities is not valid in either special or general relativity. Suggest you stop speculating like this on public fora until you've got the education to understand what you are saying. You are embarrassing yourself.

Back to the OP - interesting but not yet possible to say if the similarities are coincidence or indicative of an underlying commonality
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    No references given. Also no physists names, where they study, where the study was done, what was the study, what was the outcome. Just a lot of conjecture by someone.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    No references given. Also no physists names, where they study, where the study was done, what was the study, what was the outcome. Just a lot of conjecture by someone.
    Here is the original article for interested parties Network Cosmology : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting. I'm not well enough versed on this subject but from an outsiders opinion it makes sense as a possibility.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford