Thread: Kudos to US Wellness page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Kudos to US Wellness

Primal Fuel
    for knowing which side their steak is buttered.

Got home, opened email, and from US Wellness Meats: Are You In a Paleo 'Rut'? ~ Grilling Favorites on Sale ~ Easter Wishes

So, while Whole Foods may ignore us and continue on their soycentric ways, some of the online retailers are taking notice. <insert loud grunt of approval here>
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    I just read that same email and noticed that they have a liverwurst that is all meat, offal and spices. No fillers, binders, etc.
    As soon as I finish eating my current batch of pate I think I'm going to stock up on a bunch of this stuff.

For some reason I've never liked liverwurst, even though I love liver, pate, chopped chicken liver, etc. I think because it's a cold cut/deli product, it's saltier than I like, or maybe there's a spice in it that gives me the ickies.

But you like head cheese and I don't, so you may become a liverwurst lover also.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, I know I like liverwurst. I had just despaired of finding any without added gunk in it. And yes, headcheese is awesome. I know, I'm weird.

I love their liverwurst. Their ground lamb is also excellent and affordable. I especially love US Wellness meats because they deliver to Alaska, a lot of companies don't or charge excessively for shipping.

I am still looking for a better price on raw cheeses. Anyone?

Paleobird, I don't think you're weird for liking headcheese. I think my first try was store bought, but that if I tried some made by a real southern grandma, I'd probably have more of a liking for it.

windypasswheeler, I've looked online for any kind of cheese, and invariably they're more expensive than I can find locally. I'm guessing that this is because even with "free" shipping (Amazon), or flat processing fee (US Wellness) they have to build the shipping charge in somehow to maintain a decent profit. I love US Wellness' ground lamb also - after years of me "not eating babies." *chuckle*

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, since raw cheeses are not as "shelf stable" as Kraft, you are better off staying local for that. I get really good raw cheeses at the farmers market.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I know my brother-in-law has shipped some of his raw sheep cheese, but it has to be in a special box with a cold pack, and I'm not sure how much he really wants to do it.

He mostly makes washed rind sheep, cow, and mixed cheeses, and his business partner makes goat cheese. Not organic, but it probably would be if he bothered to pay for the certification. If anyone is really interested, send me a PM and I'll see if I can get find his contact info. I'm not sure if he's got a website just yet.

Paleobird Guest
    Another awesome US Wellness product I just noticed on their site BEEF BACON!

For those of us who don't eat pork this is amazing. They have two varieties, one sweetened with xylitol and one with no sweeteners at all, Yay!

The bummer is that they are "temporarily out of stock" on the unsweetened one. That's OK, my freezer is about at the bursting point anyway.

They were out of bison liver last time I ordered from them. And beef tallow. I bought lard instead since I use it so little. I keep it in the freezer and use a hot knife when I want some to fry in.

Paleobird, please check your messages.

B*tch-lite