Thread: Felt SO great for 8 months, then lost it all.... HELP!

Threaded View

Unhappy Felt SO great for 8 months, then lost it all.... HELP!

I'm a 29 year old woman- Went Primal almost 2 years ago.
    When I started living in a Primal way (no grains, sugar, high good-fats, etc) I felt super awesome for about 8 or 9 months. I lost 30lbs of fat, had crazy high energy levels that were steady, was happy, and felt the best I've ever felt in every way. Then, nearly suddenly, my energy was lower, I started gaining weight, was moodier. My food intake had not changed. That was about a year ago. Since this time last year, I've gained back 25lbs and my energy has stayed low. In July 2012 I moved states and started a new job. I was severely stressed out. Severely. I'm pretty sure at that point I was suffering from adrenal fatigue and thyroid issues. I finally went to the doctor and go blood work. Everything was great except some of my thyroid hormones were *slightly* low.
    I've been on the lowest dose possible of synthroid since October (which I do not want to be on, but was desperate for help at that point). I've been gaining weight and still feeling very stressed and tired.
    I'm eating Primal but maybe having too much dairy... could that make my situation worse?
    Has anyone experienced something like this or have and knowledge of what I can do?
    I've been working out a couple times a week- Kettlebell stuff, rowing, bodyweight exercises. I am at a TOTAL loss as for what else to do. is it possible that I'm eating too few carbs? Too much protein? Maybe it's all just stress?
    But really, someone, PLEASE help.
    **PHOTOS: Dec 2011 and March 2013. See the difference?!
    IMG_6691.PNG lc 4654.jpg
    Last edited by LindsayColeman; 04-02-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added pics