Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been primal for 2 weeks...... sugar tastes unpleasant! page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've noticed that heavily processed foods don't taste as good as they used to, but I still love sweets!

I don't think my sweet-tooth will ever go away, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I try to enjoy what I eat.

Jake
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I have a sweet tooth, it just prefers less sweet these days. Easter dessert is vanilla paleo cupcakes (made with vanilla infused local honey) and they will be topped with sliced strawberries with a splash of Chambord and whipped cream. That dessert in the past would have had twice the sugar in the cupcakes, plus sugar in the strawberries and sugar in the whip cream.

As much as I enjoy meat and veggies, I still love a sweet.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx33 View Post
    I havent noticed too much of a change so far, but I've always hated sweets. I could never even finish a slice of cake at birthday parties because it would make me gag and want to vomit. It's even hard for me to eat sweet potatos now if I cook them too long, the sweetness is too much. My junkfood of choice was always salt and vinegar chips or some sort of meat...mmmm.
    Yeah, I never had much of a sweet tooth either. My junk food of choice was usually something like an Outback Steakhouse "Bloomin' Onion".

The only chocolate I eat these days is 100%cacao Ghiradelli bars and 100%powder to mix in my Teeccino. Even things like cherry tomatoes taste like candy to me.

Zach is offline Banned
    I ate half a cheesecake with a side of ice cream as meal 3 today. My sweet tooth is very much alive and well.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Haha Zach! Damn! I love cheesecake, but it gets too rich for me. Especially if it is anything other than plain new york style.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Haha Zach! Damn! I love cheesecake, but it gets too rich for me. Especially if it is anything other than plain new york style.
    It was a white chocolate and raspberry! So good but i agree cheesecake gets really rich, thats why i cut it with vanilla ice cream to clear the palate.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I ate half a cheesecake with a side of ice cream as meal 3 today. My sweet tooth is very much alive and well.
    Mine is alive and kicking too lol Peanut butter hot fudge sundae over here. Waiting to be struck by lightening by the paleo gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    It was a white chocolate and raspberry! So good but i agree cheesecake gets really rich, thats why i cut it with vanilla ice cream to clear the palate.
    Ah man, I love raspberries on cheesecake. Or a light chocolate syrup drizzle. I'll have cheesecake again someday. But not anytime soon.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Man I want a cheesecake so badly right now. Not just any cheesecake, but the richest, fattest cheesecake ever. I'll demolish the whole thing. Maybe my mom has one, I should raid her fridge
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Alright, knock it off, guys. Now *I* want one. God damnit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast