Thread: Post-travel detox page

Erin is offline Junior Member

Post-travel detox

Primal Fuel
    I'm a student currently studying abroad in Ireland, and I'm planning on doing a lot of travelling over the next few weeks. I just returned from a 5 day trip to Amsterdam and Berlin. Since I'm living on a really tight budget, I opted to eat to eat the free included breakfast at the hostels I stayed at. To say the least, it was a little less than primal-approved. I was able to get a hold of some hard boiled eggs a few days, but for the most part only bread, cereal, and sugary yogurt was available. Needless to say I now feel like crap.

So my question is: do any of you guys do some kind of "detox" after eating some not-so-primal foods? Should I just go back to my normal primal diet tomorrow, or maybe do an intermittent fast? I never have a problem with doing a 24 hour fast. Weight loss is not an issue here, I'm just concerned with not feeling so bloated, sluggish, and just all-around unhealthy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one."

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    The most general-purpose detox is a fast. It doesn't sound like you *need* one, but 24 hours of fasting isn't going to do anything bad to you and might be helpful. Your call.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I normally eat a bunch more vegetables than I usually do, and that helps get things out of the system faster.

lucaneschavonna is offline Junior Member
    While traveling, going to different places, it's really hard to avoid foods and gain weight. For me the best cleansing are fruits with high fibers like apple, avocado, and bananas.
    Ski Vacation Packages - Great affordable destinations.