Thread: Post-travel detox page

Erin is offline Junior Member

Post-travel detox

Primal Fuel
    I'm a student currently studying abroad in Ireland, and I'm planning on doing a lot of travelling over the next few weeks. I just returned from a 5 day trip to Amsterdam and Berlin. Since I'm living on a really tight budget, I opted to eat to eat the free included breakfast at the hostels I stayed at. To say the least, it was a little less than primal-approved. I was able to get a hold of some hard boiled eggs a few days, but for the most part only bread, cereal, and sugary yogurt was available. Needless to say I now feel like crap.

So my question is: do any of you guys do some kind of "detox" after eating some not-so-primal foods? Should I just go back to my normal primal diet tomorrow, or maybe do an intermittent fast? I never have a problem with doing a 24 hour fast. Weight loss is not an issue here, I'm just concerned with not feeling so bloated, sluggish, and just all-around unhealthy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one."

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    The most general-purpose detox is a fast. It doesn't sound like you *need* one, but 24 hours of fasting isn't going to do anything bad to you and might be helpful. Your call.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I normally eat a bunch more vegetables than I usually do, and that helps get things out of the system faster.