Thread: No difference page

Gary is offline Junior Member

No difference

Shop Now
    It's only been three weeks but aside from the emotional feeling that I'm doing the right thing, I don't feel any different physically than I did 3 weeks ago. I have my annual physical in a few weeks so I'll get all my blood work numbers then. I see posts where people are saying how great they feel right away.
    Am I expecting changes too soon?

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Probably. Everyone's bodies are different and your body might take longer than others to get used to things. What changes are you looking for? Weight loss? Healthier body? Something else? Whatever the case, Primal takes time and that time may be slower for you than for others. Stick with it and anticipate changes: your body will be getter off Primal than any other way, IMO.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Was your diet much different compared to the way you currently eat? Do you exercise? Did you exercise before?
    Are you eating many carbs now?
    I don't necessarily believe in long term very low carb diet, but I think it can be very beneficial at the beginning.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on what changes you were hoping for. For some, the drop in carbs (and probably sodium) when they ditch the processed foods results in a quick drop of a few pounds and that's such a good feeling. Other things like acne, joint pain, etc. might take longer. Other more serious issues may be very much improved, but never totally healed. Still, for serious issues, very much improved is a very good thing.

I think it also depends on how you were eating before. I never experienced carb flu, but I had no idea that McD, and microwave meals had become a mainstay of many people's diets. If before Primal most of your meals were homecooked and the biggest change was the quality of food (factory animals to pastured, etc.) then the long term benefits (I believe) will be more evident than the short term gains.

Anyway, welcome to the tribe.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gary is offline Junior Member
    I wasn't really expecting quick changes until I read all the posts about immediate changes that people were feeling. I suppose I shouldn't base my expectations on others experiences.
    I used to have a bowl of ice cream every night, instant breakfast every morning, pasta at least twice a week, pizza once a week, some kind of bread with every dinner, soda almost constantly, 6-8 cups of coffee a day.
    I've stopped all that except the coffee which I've cut down to 3 cups a day.
    The quality of my food hasn't changed. My wife has been an advocate of locally grown produce, grass feed beef etc. for quite a while. I think you're right. I should focus on long term benefits instead of immediate results.