Thread: Chronic cardio page

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member

Chronic cardio

Primal Fuel
    I do aqua aerobics twice a week. My regular instructor is a 93 year old woman, who is in great shape. She drives herself to the gym and teaches 6 classes per week, and she is in the water doing the exercises. It's a mixture of cardio, intervals, resistance and flexibility. Very in line with Primal. There is another instructor who is probably about 80 and takes a similar approach. There are various other instructors on Saturday. I don't usually go on Saturday but I did go today. There was a sub instructor.

This guy is probably about 50. He teaches P.E. for his day job and moonlights at athletic clubs. He does the exercises we are doing but he does them at the side of the pool. And he does them very hard core (but tells us to do them at our own speed.) It was pretty much all aerobics class speed. A little bit of resistance. Several times, the guy mentioned how many calories we were burning.

OK, here's the point. This guy does chronic cardio for a living. He is overweight with a beer belly and puffy face.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member
    He might eat like crap.
    Being thin is about diet, not exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyBodyWeight View Post
    He might eat like crap.
    Well, eating right is 80% of Primal. He probably eats whole grains, lean meat, etc.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to out-train a crappy diet...

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    No real news flash there... There are tons of overweight people jumping/running around. It's what goes in your mouth that matters. I love watching all the people around my neighborhood jog everyday. I would kill myself if that was my workout. To each his own...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah. Nothing new. I just was amused by the situation.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He might eat like crap.
    Exactly this. Doing a lot of cardio or not has very little to do with it IMO.