Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still scared to eat! page

jillian is offline Junior Member

Still scared to eat!

Primal Fuel
    I haven't been on this site in a pretty long time. I discovered MDA about a year and a half- two years ago. Since then, I gained some weight and I started crossfitting last summer. I've pretty much been on a "diet" for about 4 years and have been constantly trying to lose "that last 10 pounds." I definitely am even MORE focused on this now that I CrossFit- I wan't abs!! I wanna be lean. I wan't to LOOK like I CrossFit. I'm pretty frustrated with never seeing results despite eating clean/working out.

I'm a 21 year old female. 5'6. 154 pounds. I have been on 1000 calorie diets to the "1200-1500" calorie range, to the "i give up and eat whatever" diet. I think I just gained weight when I first started Primal, I guess I did it wrong. It did help me find out I was gluten intolerant though so that cleared up MANY problems which I'm really grateful for.

Bottom line: I don't think I eat enough and thats why I don't see results? Thats what i've been researching at least. I aim for 1400 calories a day pretty much. I CrossFit 5-6x a week- the WOD then most days stay after for 30 min for strength. My TDEE says I need something like 2200 calories a day but I'm just nervous I will blow up like a balloon. I feel like that is alot of calories. Has anyone had this same experience where they were under-eating and finally ate more to lose weight and it worked?!

I'm pretty primal- paleo + yogurt and cottage cheese. so yeah, primal? I've been researching "Crossfitters eat to perform" and he says I should keep my carbs to about 100g .... fat-? protein-?

Anyone have any advice AT ALL?/words of wisdom/am I doing the right thing?

Thanks!

Zach is offline Banned
    How on earth do you function, let alone do 5 crossfit/strength sessions a week?!

Eat upwards of 2500 calories and get a lot from carbs, try that for several week ls and see how you feel. My guess is you will drop a few lbs (after an initial water weight gain from carbs) and your numbers will soyrocket and times will drop.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Look into intermittent fasting.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I'm constantly amazed at how many people get on here asking for help and are like "I do a metric crapload of super intense exercise, but only eat about half the calories I need to sustain it--why isn't my health optimal???"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm constantly amazed at how many people get on here asking for help and are like "I do a metric crapload of super intense exercise, but only eat about half the calories I need to sustain it--why isn't my health optimal???"

you don't understand how many people i've talked to who are PROFESSIONALS and LICENSED NUTRITIONISTS who tell me - still now- to eat 1500 calories. I'm 21 years old and still learning and trying to do the best I can so I might be dumb to listen to these people but I assume they know more than me (assuming incorrectly, obviously) Thanks for the added convincing that I will be doing the right thing.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    you don't understand how many people i've talked to who are PROFESSIONALS and LICENSED NUTRITIONISTS who tell me - still now- to eat 1500 calories. I'm 21 years old and still learning and trying to do the best I can so I might be dumb to listen to these people but I assume they know more than me (assuming incorrectly, obviously) Thanks for the added convincing that I will be doing the right thing.
    The best thing you can do is ignore all licensed professional nutritionists. If you can't ignore them entirely, then listen to what they are saying and do the opposite. There are a few good eggs out there, but only a rare few.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    1500 calories is a breakfast for me. Literally. And I'm pretty damn lean.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    If I don't eat enough, I gain weight. I eat more, I start losing. Sounds ridiculous, but that's my n=1. So yes, it is very possible (and likely given your activity level) that you will start losing once you start eating more.

well I'm definitely going to give it a try. 2200 calories of clean food. 100g carb, more if needed. 130 fat (is that right?) and 140g protein. thanks for the advice everyone.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    1500 calories is a breakfast for me. Literally. And I'm pretty damn lean.
    Right on, brother! :Hulk Hogan voice:

well I'm definitely going to give it a try. 2200 calories of clean food. 100g carb, more if needed. 130 fat (is that right?) and 140g protein. thanks for the advice everyone.
    Your young, in shape and doing butt loads of exercise, there is no way you can possibly blow up like a balloon. Like i said, the main side effect will probably be feeling awesome. Personally i would go a little lighter on the fat and higher on the carbs, at least the days you are exercising but go for those numbers and see how you feel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast