Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAGE Smoothie anyone? page 2

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    well as far as smoothies go... I make the following for my boys... if left thick, it's "ice cream".... more watery... it's a smoothie... It's a MONSTER SMOOTHIE... 'cause it's green... or Green Cream...

loosely pack a blender with organic baby green spinach. water, 1 small orange, and 1/2 ripe banana. Blend until totally liquid. Add frozen pineapple, and some coconut oil... You can switch out the water with keifer... the pineapple covers the taste of the spinach...

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    No, it's not hard to brew once you get everything that you need to do it. I like doing it actually.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    don't totally disregard the possibility of surgery. I was sick constantly (despite TONS of probiotics) until I got my tonsils and adenoids out last christmas. since then, marked improvement in asthma, allergies, sleeping. I also haven't had a cold since. (I only started primal last month, so no credit there.)

SCDgirl is offline Junior Member
    This sounds great...but if its truly gut healing she needs I suggest the SCD, Specific Carbohydrate Diet....its basically the same as PB but many on it make their own yogurt. I do not yet, but the principal behindthe home made yogurt is the same as FAGE its the only commercialy available yogurt that only has the good bacteria in it. You want to avoid the bifidus and FAGE is perfect. But do look into SCD.

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    moonablaze- how old were you when you had them out? my niece is not even 4 yrs old yet but the surgery WILL happen if this doesn't work for her. I'm just trying to consider what direction her mommy would have gone with this and I know she would have fought for no surgery as long as she could.

SCDgirl- I'll check into that, thanks!

As far as sugar and such she is a total sugar junkie (look on my blog for a video of her and me on a trampoline!)- no thaks to my mother giving her whatever she wants. I'm upset about that, and for all the talking I have done to her(my mother) about Primal Lifestyle, she remains willingly ignorant- almost beligerantly so. I spoke about this for a week or more with much furvor to momma and she goes out and gets activia- ACTIVIA!?!
    -oh my-
    Anyway I am fighting the good fight against so many and on so many fronts, and to think when the girl gets older I'm gonna tell her about all this and she's gonna ask them all why they didn't listen to me when I said to eat better. Oh well, in kindness I'll press forward, so thank you all- any more ideas..let em flow!!!
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    I was, and am 25. As an adult recovery is brutal, 3 weeks on heavy-duty narcotic pain killers with plenty of breakthrough pain. meanwhile, the 6 year old I babysit got hers out last summer, she was groggy from the surgery the first day, complained of a mild headache and sore throat the second day (better with tylenol), and was running around with her brother the third day like nothing had happened. Not only are kids amazingly resilient in general (as I'm sure you've seen with a little one who lost her mom) but they have much less scar tissue to cut through and are much less likely to have complications. The research is pretty good that IF a kid is having major issues from tonsil and adenoid enlargement, they will be better off in the long run if they just have the suckers out. (the reason they don't do the surgery as routinely as they did when my parents were kids, is that they used to take em out after just one round of trouble, but it sounds like your niece is has had way more than that)

the darn activia commercials have been freakishly convincing to people who don't know better. it's irritating.

Satori75 is offline Member
    There is a product you can get at whole foods, called BIO K.. It has 50 billion LIVE organisims... The best probiotic out there! Most are only 13 to 20 billion and are not alive! Hope this helps....

nuttykitchen is offline Senior Member
    [Cool new pic Tara Tootie :-) ]

How about some fresh mixed or frozen berries, 1/2 cup of plain goat kefir and a small amount of coconut crystals or raw honey, blend it and voila. It's delicious and she will not be able to taste yogurt. It seems to work for us.
    Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12