Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick and easy breakfast ideas please page 2

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used to fry or scramble eggs. In the past, I've done yogurt (full fat greek yogurt is quite filling), avocados, bananas, bone broth, or a combination of these with eggs. (I can't quite handle meat and fish in the early mornings)

Now I just have coffee and skip breakfast altogether, and have a smoothie when I get hungry, usually in the late morning or around lunch. Meal planning is a lot easier with 2 meals instead of 3...

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of left-overs. I might start cooking more at night and deliberately saving some for breakfast (usually everything that is cooked for dinner gets eaten!).

Sometimes a Latte coffee will keep me going for a few hours but not always. I had thought of protein shakes but I am trying to eat more whole, unprocessed foods and protein shakes always seem processed to me.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if you eat rice. I make up rice porridge in little crocks by boiling leftover rice in soup stock with some meat. My boyfriend loves to grab one when he's hungry.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Hardboiled eggs, just have to peel them
    You could make egg muffins on the weekend and reheat - I put sausage in the bottom, then chopped veggies and cover with whisked eggs

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra from NZ View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of left-overs. I might start cooking more at night and deliberately saving some for breakfast (usually everything that is cooked for dinner gets eaten!).

Sometimes a Latte coffee will keep me going for a few hours but not always. I had thought of protein shakes but I am trying to eat more whole, unprocessed foods and protein shakes always seem processed to me.
    ALWAYS cook extra so you are cooking once and eating twice. Or 3 or 4 times! We immediately divvy up leftovers into lunches for hubby, that go straight to the freezer. Occasionally I keep some leftovers for myself.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Geeknik is offline Member
    You could make up a bunch of Scotch eggs on Sunday night to last you the whole week.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    On sunday afternoons I boil a dozen eggs. I buy two pounds of loose sausage from the farmer's market, mix a handful of chia seeds ( I know, a handful isn't an actual measurement and i don't care), peel the eggs and wrap in sausage/chia mix, bake on 375 for 40 min. store in fridge. in the mornings grab one or two depending on how hungry you are that day, microwave for one minute, enjoy breakfast. I have mine with a cup of coffee mixed with a spoonful of coconut oil, holds me over tip lunch, if I choose to eat lunch that day.

fpayqafa is offline Junior Member
    it works well and is almost as fast as the bowl of cereal.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I have to try these scotch eggs..is it always pork mince? what is a safe / traditional herb combo? The curry one on the link sounds scary, esp for breakie ideas

OP - I have coffee with cocounut milk to tide me over, or greek yoghurt and berries or boiled eggs and ham.

Yum, I haven't had scotch eggs for years but I remember loving them when I did. Will have to try that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast