Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Primal Fuel
    Warning: this thread was started with noble intentions, but now it's strew with spoilers. Avoid reading if you haven't read the books!!

---------
    ---------

SO - who's excited about the new series starting tomorrow?? I've been rewatching season one in anticipation, and it's equally amazing second time round!

Surprisingly, Jonn Snow is vaguely less irritating than he was on first viewing, Denerys is even more beautiful, and "The Imp" still steals the show as the ultimate best character.

Only criticism I have is the casting of Lady Stark. She looks the part, but her acting is so melodramatic.

Favourite quotes of season one:

"Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." (Tyrian)

"You know my brother once told me? That nothing someone says before the word but really counts." (Benjen)

"Killing clears my head." (Robert)

Please, if anyone's read the books don't let's be evil...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-24-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I've read all the books -- so good. I don't have HBO though so I have to wait for the DVDs. I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Roary View Post
    I've read all the books -- so good. I don't have HBO though so I have to wait for the DVDs. I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.
    I'm presuming we'll be able to stream it. I streamed the last season of "Mad Men" as it was showing.

And yeah. Joffrey - what a monster. The casting is amazing though - he looks completely evil! I love the battle at the end of Season two when he flounces around in his gold gladrags before skuttling off to see what his "mother wants". Brilliant
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-01-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Roary is offline Senior Member
    It's so well done. I am excited for the dragons to grow up.

yaddle is offline Junior Member
    If its any help to anyone, season 3 is showing on Sky Atlantic (108) on Mondays at 9pm here in UK.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, you know Joffrey's actor is actually a very intelligent young man who plans to go to university and not pursue acting once this is over? The actor is not the character.

I've read the series when I was a student and I can't bear to watch the series since it's a rehashing, but I have seen a few episodes and I have to say that it is perfectly cast, especially Darnarys. I have a huge girl crush on her.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Ugh, you know Joffrey's actor is actually a very intelligent young man who plans to go to university and not pursue acting once this is over? The actor is not the character.
    He's not the real person? Wow. Thanks for ridding me of my ignorance.

Seriously, do you take everything you read literally, or do you just presume everyone has a menial IQ? My brother is in University with him, so yeah, I'm aware he's not actually the royal spawn of incest.

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post

I've read the series when I was a student and I can't bear to watch the series since it's a rehashing, but I have seen a few episodes and I have to say that it is perfectly cast, especially Darnarys. I have a huge girl crush on her.
    Dude, no one even mentioned the actual actor, just the character.

Aw yeah new season starts tonight!!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    He's not the real person? Wow. Thanks for ridding me of my ignorance.

Seriously, do you take everything you read literally, or do you just presume everyone has a menial IQ? My brother is in University with him, so yeah, I'm aware he's not actually the royal spawn of incest.
    THANK YOU.

Man, fucking A already.

Anyway, *I* can't hardly wait.

We'll record it tonight and watch it tomorrow.

Prolly have to stick the kids in the closet with some left
    over Easter candy to keep them away...

Those damn GRAPHIC sex scenes just seem to pop up
    at the most INOPPORTUNE times!

Any time we hear a kid coming down the hallway, we have to
    pause the show and wait.......

It's funny, but it takes a damn long time to watch an episode.

Carry on!

Julie

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I love this show and can't wait for tonight! It's going to help as I mourn the final episode of Spartacus in a few weeks. These two shows have been my favorites! Well, I'm also a Real Housewives nut. Don't judge!!

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast