Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 9

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but does jon have grey eyes? i'm trying to find some sort of distinct targaryan feature to maybe make this connection. he definitely doesn't have purple eyes though.
    True, but as with the Joffery genetics, he is not a Baratheon because the dominant genes would win out (he would not be a blonde etc). The same would presumably hold true with the more Targaryan traits. Jon looks like a Stark - so yes, like Ned much like Arya which seems to be a differentiation from looking like a Tully (Rob and Sansa)

Also, Ned often refers to Jon as "of my blood" or as "a Stark of Winterfell." He does not say 'son'

Also, I do not think Lyanna was raped. She went willingly. The room where Ned found here smelled of blood and flowers. I take it as the flowers being gifts from Rhaegar and the blood from recent childbirth (which went badly obviously). She makes Ned promise (it is not said what) but it seems to be that he will keep her son safe and not tell Robert he is a Targaryan since Robert was going to kill them all.

My memory might be failing me but IIRC Lyanna was where Rheagar was where as his wife and child where elsewhere, which implied to me that he was keeping his love close and his political wife at arms reach.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    True, but as with the Joffery genetics, he is not a Baratheon because the dominant genes would win out (he would not be a blonde etc). The same would presumably hold true with the more Targaryan traits. Jon looks like a Stark - so yes, like Ned much like Arya which seems to be a differentiation from looking like a Tully (Rob and Sansa)

Also, Ned often refers to Jon as "of my blood" or as "a Stark of Winterfell." He does not say 'son'

Also, I do not think Lyanna was raped. She went willingly. The room where Ned found here smelled of blood and flowers. I take it as the flowers being gifts from Rhaegar and the blood from recent childbirth (which went badly obviously). She makes Ned promise (it is not said what) but it seems to be that he will keep her son safe and not tell Robert he is a Targaryan since Robert was going to kill them all.

My memory might be failing me but IIRC Lyanna was where Rheagar was where as his wife and child where elsewhere, which implied to me that he was keeping his love close and his political wife at arms reach.
    yes and no. all baratheons are dark "black of hair", etc. joff, and the others are not dark at all. clearly not baratheons. going by that logic, one would think that jon would be silver haired and purple eyed, since all targaryans are such. it would be a bit of a fluke for jon snow to not have any of those characteristics. don't get me wrong, I think that jon is more than likely the child of rhaegar and lyanna. just don't know if we've actually seen any great clues towards it.

good catch on how ned refers to jon. I don't think he ever calls him his son.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Ah yes, that makes much more sense. Rhaegar was killed at a battle (somewhere) and his wife was at King's Landing with the childers.

Btw, I'm rewatching last night's episode. Think it will have a different ending this time if I wish it?

yes and no. all baratheons are dark "black of hair", etc. joff, and the others are not dark at all. clearly not baratheons. going by that logic, one would think that jon would be silver haired and purple eyed, since all targaryans are such. it would be a bit of a fluke for jon snow to not have any of those characteristics. don't get me wrong, I think that jon is more than likely the child of rhaegar and lyanna. just don't know if we've actually seen any great clues towards it.

I think Canio is just referring to the genetic principle that black hair is the dominant gene, and silver (?) is recessive.

THis theory is satisfying, except that they've barely mentioned it in the TV series...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-03-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest

Well, most Targaryans are a result of Targaryan marries Targaryan. Rhaegar's wife IIRC was Dornish but had Targaryan blood somewhere back hence their kid would look Targaryan (potentially since the recessive gene would be in the wife to some extent). Where as the dark headed Stark could show up more potentially in Jon. Of course, knowing Martin we are all wrong and Jon's dad is half wildling half giant and a third dire wolf (yes, I know that adds up to more than one.)

Saying all this, Jon did get burned by the fire when he killed the White Walkers...

Not a true dragon.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Saying all this, Jon did get burned by the fire when he killed the White Walkers...

Not a true dragon.
    True, but he would only be half, not full like Danny.

So she is one head of the dragon, Jon the second, and the third...

I'm putting money on Tyrion.

Well, most Targaryans are a result of Targaryan marries Targaryan. Rhaegar's wife IIRC was Dornish but had Targaryan blood somewhere back hence their kid would look Targaryan (potentially since the recessive gene would be in the wife to some extent). Where as the dark headed Stark could show up more potentially in Jon. Of course, knowing Martin we are all wrong and Jon's dad is half wildling half giant and a third dire wolf (yes, I know that adds up to more than one.)
    haha... there is definitely stark in jon snow. I think we can all agree on that. ned is either his daddy or covering up for lyanna. the facial resemblance, coupled with jon's barely-tapped ability as a skinchanger seals that for me. if this was a soap opera, ned would be the dad and lyanna would actually be the mom.

Not a true dragon.
    fire killed viserys too (sort of). only a true dragon would survive the fire

True, but he would only be half, not full like Danny.

So she is one head of the dragon, Jon the second, and the third...

I'm putting money on Tyrion.
    haha... there is definitely stark in jon snow. I think we can all agree on that. ned is either his daddy or covering up for lyanna. the facial resemblance, coupled with jon's barely-tapped ability as a skinchanger seals that for me. if this was a soap opera, ned would be the dad and lyanna would actually be the mom.
    Skin changer? Dragon heads? I need to hurry up reading the books...

Maybe Sam is the third dragon? Kidding

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think Canio is just referring to the genetic principle that black hair is the dominant gene, and silver (?) is recessive.

THis theory is satisfying, except that they've barely mentioned it in the TV series...
    That is pretty much what I was referring too. The Targaryan silver hair etc is a result of very selective interbreeding.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast