Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 7

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Completely distraught after watching the last episode
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Completely distraught after watching the last episode
    haha...just wait. I've already read the first 5 books. that is just a taste of the craziness to come.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    haha...just wait. I've already read the first 5 books. that is just a taste of the craziness to come.
    exactly. Also, you are missing out on a lot if you don't read the books. Personally, I thought last night's episode was done well.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I did not expect what happened last night at all. Pretty brutal.

Harpua is offline Member
    I've been waiting all season for that episode. Now i can finally talk about it w/ my non-book reading coworkers.The red wedding almost made me stop reading the books. i think they did a fantastic job.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    exactly. Also, you are missing out on a lot if you don't read the books. Personally, I thought last night's episode was done well.
    agreed. i think the show has done a fantastic job with the books. that being said, the show really only scratches the surface of how brilliant and complex the storylines and characters really are.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I did not expect what happened last night at all. Pretty brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    I've been waiting all season for that episode. Now i can finally talk about it w/ my non-book reading coworkers.The red wedding almost made me stop reading the books. i think they did a fantastic job.
    agreed. i think the show has done a fantastic job with the books. that being said, the show really only scratches the surface of how brilliant and complex the storylines and characters really are.
    I should probably find a therapist now....

I just can't believe it... where can it go from here? I started reading the books and thank fuck - I don't think I could wait a year to find out what's going to happen next!

And agree - the show is amazing, but the books are simply too involved to be covered adequately.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I should probably find a therapist now....

I just can't believe it... where can it go from here? I started reading the books and thank fuck - I don't think I could wait a year to find out what's going to happen next!

And agree - the show is amazing, but the books are simply too involved to be covered adequately.
    the 3rd book in particular, still has quite a few unexpected twists and turns. I figure that I pretty much know what they will get to in the 3rd season finale. the rest of the book will have to go in to season 4.

as for the character involvement, there are still a whole slew of integral characters that you don't even know exist yet. haha...

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    as for the character involvement, there are still a whole slew of integral characters that you don't even know exist yet. haha...
    not to mention things about characters you do know that the show doesn't even mention.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

the 3rd book in particular, still has quite a few unexpected twists and turns. I figure that I pretty much know what they will get to in the 3rd season finale. the rest of the book will have to go in to season 4.

not to mention things about characters you do know that the show doesn't even mention.
    Well, it would appear that GOT is just like "The Wire" - any outcome you anticipate is wrong! I actually had a similar reaction to this episode that I had to the last ep of "The Wire", when one of the main characters died (if you've seen it you know who I mean). I was sure he wasn't really dead. Despite having been shot in the head...

Oh, I have a theory about where Jon Snow came from that I never would have picked up on from the show...

- Ray Peat

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast