Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 34

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    If you guys want a different experience, I have all the audio books for sharesies! Reading is better obviously, but there's something nice about falling asleep to someone telling you a story...

The more I read, the more I'm enjoying the differences between the novels and the TV series. It's interesting to see / speculate where the plot line deviations might go... EG. Robb having a foreign wife who got pregnant was a brilliant addition. The producers were really clever in how they scaled down on characters.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    EG. Robb having a foreign wife who got pregnant was a brilliant addition. The producers were really clever in how they scaled down on characters.
    Ah, see I thought that was horrible. The north would never follow a foreign queen (probably not even a Targaryn - they had to be forced to submit once) not to mention accepting a possible heir from her. Also, I thought it was done better in the book - young dude, gets injured, gets nursed, hooks up, takes 'her honor', maybe he got her pregnant maybe not, better marry her anyway....understandable to an extent as he is young and stupid but honorable like his old man and oh look what good that did him just like his old man. And she is a vassal of the Lannisters in the book and she is with them now. If she is pregnant (not that it matters now the show has put that to rest) the Lannisters potentially have control of the heir to the north. In the show it was "Horny young dude hooks up with foreign chick with a nice ass" - pretty much well summed up by Walder Frey.

But it enabled them to make the Red Wedding even more gruesome...!

Aww, I quite liked the love story between Robb and whatsherface. She was a bit annoying, but their covert wedding was nice. You could see that none of the Northmen accepted her though - even Kat. Might have just been to do with the strategic idiocy though.

I also liked the Joffrey - Margary love story in the series! It gave Joff a vulnerability he doesn't have in the books. I almost felt sorry for the way he falls hook-line-and-sinker for the Temptress...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    But it enabled them to make the Red Wedding even more gruesome...!

Aww, I quite liked the love story between Robb and whatsherface. She was a bit annoying, but their covert wedding was nice. You could see that none of the Northmen accepted her though - even Kat. Might have just been to do with the strategic idiocy though.

I also liked the Joffrey - Margary love story in the series! It gave Joff a vulnerability he doesn't have in the books. I almost felt sorry for the way he falls hook-line-and-sinker for the Temptress...
    LOL gruesome, yes, but did anyone really care that the wife died? Maybe they did. As I said, I didn't like her so it was cool with me.

Yes, Joffrey is more sympathetic in the show, much like Cat and Cersei, and Margary does a good job of winning him over. Ah, I look forward to their wedding with much anticipation.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

... while shooting women in the snatch with his crossbow.
    Just sayn.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Just sayn.
    I am sure that was just an elaborate game of catch...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I am sure that was just an elaborate game of catch...
    She was tied up spread eagle.
    She was caught. LOL.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    She was tied up spread eagle.
    She was caught. LOL.
    semantics.

Just sayn.
    Lol - yeah, but didn't you think it was interesting how Margery played him? It was her "interest" in the cross bow, and her "approval" of his thirst for death that won him over! And I really liked the scene where she encourages him to greet his subjects: he's almost humbled by her.

He's more one dimensional in the books. He's a nasty bit of work, but the TV series made him even more of a monster, then showed something else. Thought that was really good.

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol - yeah, but didn't you think it was interesting how Margery played him? It was her "interest" in the cross bow, and her "approval" of his thirst for death that won him over! And I really liked the scene where she encourages him to greet his subjects: he's almost humbled by her.

He's more one dimensional in the books. He's a nasty bit of work, but the TV series made him even more of a monster, then showed something else. Thought that was really good.

I agree. I also think it helps that the actor is very good. Not that it hurts that the actress playing Margery is very easy on the eyes.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast