Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 30

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    THe bear also appears during the White walker attack, and during the bear baiting with Brienne. So it could also be referring to Jamie and Brienne (except Jamie is the maiden!), and Sam and Gillie. But there could be something else to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Of course, we could all be reading far too much into all this
    never...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Its has to do with Jorah and Daenerys i would wager. The book readers know what im talking about.

Okay, super-geek question here BUT -

Me and my family chatted about what GOT family we could be typecast as (we're all GOT geeks ). My Mum would be Targaryen (volcanic temper), my brother would be Lannister (his number one ambition is money), my Dad would be Baratheon (he has an element of the conqueror in him and is black of hair), my sister would be Stark (has very set morals and principles). I meanwhile, would be House Reed because I would pledge allegiance to the most honourable house but would be more interested in spiritual matters (aka frolicking in the forest) than fighting...

What GOT family would you be and why?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Well, I just got ot the Red Wedding lats night. Tomorrow night should be the last episode of the season.

I really relate to Arya. I love that kid.
    Last edited by zoebird; 06-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I really relate to Arya. I love that kid.
    You love her now, but wait until she kills Dumbledore and runs off with the one ring. Crap, sorry spoilers.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    dumbledore's dead?! jesus canio put up spoiler warning's, i've only had like 15 years to read the book! it's not enough time!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    gott dam BOOKREADERS!

Them lit-rit folk just ain't rite. *shakes head*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

So it appears that no one else is as big as a GOT geek as me... FINE!

I'm just finishing Book 1 of "ASOS". It's farking brilliant! I actually love how they managed to condense certain things in the series. There are a few aspects that they dropped the ball on - like the whole White Walker attack. It's one of the best chapters in the book!

It's also interesting how TV makes characters much more one-sided. Stannis is just cold in the series, whereas in the book he has a lot more inner conflict (about the leech boy, can't remember his name). Tyrion isn't quite the angel is portrayed as in the TV series, and Tywin isn't as evil.

Btw Canio - I think you're onto something with the Tyrion twist. Quote from Tywin: "Since I cannot prove that you are not mine".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    dumbledore's dead?! jesus canio put up spoiler warning's, i've only had like 15 years to read the book! it's not enough time!
    Lol! Ironically, earlier this morning I added a spoiler warning to the start of the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Well, I just got ot the Red Wedding lats night.
    We understand. We're all here for you if you need to talk.

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    So it appears that no one else is as big as a GOT geek as me... FINE!
    lol Actually, I am still thinking about it because, while I do not disagree with your descriptions, they only fit certain members of the houses so I can't decide. So yes, the Lannisters are rich, but Tywin is more about power, Jaime just wants his sister, Cersei see Tywin...oh, and she wants a penis, and Tyrion wants all kinds of things. The Lannister cousins and uncles are far more diverse. Ned had morals and principles, Benjen did too one could argue. The older brother who's name escapes me and was the one who was supposed to inherit and marry Cat...not so much. He actually sounds like a pretty big douche. Then you have the volcanic temper/insanity of Mad king Aerys and Dany's brother but look at Master Aemon, he is about as even keel as they come. Also, going back 100 years you could compare Egg to his brothers or even Egg's father (angry douche) to his brother (very cool definitely not douche). Also, while Jojen and Miera Reed are traipsing through the woods right now, they live in a swamp, poison their enemies, and are called bog devils for a reason.

Soooo...long story slightly less long, I have no idea as of yet. Plus there are a bunch of other houses that might or might not fit. That said, truth-be-told, I'd be a peasant getting stomped by angry knights just for shits and grins.

Edit: apparently I can't spell for sh*t at 4am
    Last edited by canio6; 06-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL! I should've know I couldn't hold the GOT Geek crown for long. Canio, you've usurped me... which makes you a Baratheon

- Ray Peat

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast