Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 3

tdugmen is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That's true - the dog is a great character - I love at the joust in season one when he fights his bro, the mountain, who's also a great (evil) charcater. and weirdly I like Jamie lannister! He's so shameless.

Agree about thw wall - it got way too mush screen time last season. Jon snow is a streak of misery but I'd say he chills in this coming season and comes into his own. Maybe the love of a good woman will help him...
    Great! I'm not the only one that likes Jamie!

Read the books (love them!) and so far I like the series. Can't wait to watch first episode of the new season (which will take me a while, since I refuse to watch it in German... streaming, here I go!)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just about to watch Ep. 1

For anyone who wants to read it, some sad news about the casting for Season Four: Someone is being replaced!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

For anyone who wants to read it, some sad news about the casting for Season Four: Someone is being replaced!
    April fools?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    April fools?
    Ha! Yeah. I totally fell for it til I read the comments. What an amazing production team - season three just begins and they already get us psyched for season four.

Did anyone watch ep one yet? Loved it
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Just watched episode 3:1 --- HBO threw a freebie. I thought it was good ... Jon is less of a weenie, Tyrion is amazing, Dany is fab. I prefer the books still but I get to share the series with the rest of the world and I love the story.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member

aaaggghhhhhh i almost had a freakout

what are calendars? what are dates? huhwut?

i only read through book 2 before season 2 so i don't know what all's gonna happen (i got em all, i just fell in a no book slump) but dany in the books and dany onscreen... i just can't. i don't like her cause she bores me

but i yawn just a little less during season 1 rewatch
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    I've read all of the books but haven't watched the show yet. A little leery of doing that because I loved the books so much. In HBO's favor, I think all of the attention has forced Martin to write at a slightly less glacial pace. I can't read the books without wanting to reach through the pages and smack Dany around - she is easily my least favorite character. Love Tyrion, Jaime and Arya.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I couldn't get through the second book. I just got irritated with all the battle planning. I've enjoyed most of the show, but Jon Snow is infinitely more boring in the show than in the books, IMO. I can't keep track of all the dudes in the show, though. Keep forgetting names and who is related to who. Who's that guy with the witch chick?

Yeah, I don't understand all the Dany love. She's definitely interesting, but ABSOLUTELY INSANE.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

eXistentia is offline Junior Member
    I love Tyrion, the Hound, Arya, Jon, Rob, and Dany. All great characters. Tryion is my favorite, though.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Who's that guy with the witch chick?

Yeah, I don't understand all the Dany love. She's definitely interesting, but ABSOLUTELY INSANE.
    Stanis! Dead King Robert's brother.

Dany is possibly too highly bred. She has Dragon's blood after all... But seriously, how can you guys not like her? She starts as a weak victim, and then completely sheds her skin and becomes a powerful woman. Okay, she's a bit humourless, so let's hope herself and Jon Snow don't get together.!

I keep meaning to say this too, but the ultimate most despicable character has to be Theon Greyjoy. I hate that guy. I just watched the last ep of season one, and the scene where he pledges allegiance to Robb is so sad now, knowing what he does in Season two

- Ray Peat

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast