Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 29

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    If they were interested in developing charactors faster, they should make more then 10 eps and not wait a year till next season! HBO infuriates me.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    If they were interested in developing charactors faster, they should make more then 10 eps and not wait a year till next season! HBO infuriates me.
    You and me both, but I recall reading that much of that is due to budget issues. Oh well, at least they made the show.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You and me both, but I recall reading that much of that is due to budget issues. Oh well, at least they made the show.
    Yea, dont really understand that though since its one of the highest rated shows on tv. Just seems to be the way television is going, short seasons and a long wait between them.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea, dont really understand that though since its one of the highest rated shows on tv. Just seems to be the way television is going, short seasons and a long wait between them.
    What happens a lot is that once networks know that a show has a dedicated following... they start cutting budgets and try to do it more cheaply!

I think the ten eps per season is probably conforming to HBO parameters.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Beautiful piece of music.

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I have been getting the feeling from Premium networks like HBO that the wait is due to the fact that after a season, they mine the shit outta the internet for feedback, steal a bunch of forum posters and twitter peoples' ideas, and then write the script.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Cover version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair":

What do you guys think of the Bear metaphor that runs through? Do you think it's going somewhere?

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean in relation to House Mormont somehow? House Mormont is tied to House Stark after all...

Seeing as the plot line for Brienne if Tarth is still back in Book 3 while the HBO series is moving on and there are some missing 'issues' ... and if I say anything more it will be much spoilerage.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-22-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Do you mean in relation to House Mormont somehow? House Mormont is tied to House Stark after all...

Seeing as the plot line for Brienne if Tarth is still back in Book 3 while the HBO series is moving on and there are some missing 'issues' ... and if I say anything more it will be much spoilerage.

True, but Jorah is far much more tied to Dany, also the song speaks of the maid with honey in her hair, which seems to indicated someone more blonde than either of the stark girls. It also says she called for a knight but you're a bear - given current situations (books not show) I would say that applies to Jorah as well. Of course, we could all be reading far too much into all this

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast