Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 28

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I definitely think Dinklage has it. I just don't think it's what the directors are asking of him.

I've seen him do some really great stuff in other films that they aren't showcasing. This is just how they want him to act, at least for now... IMO.
    You could be right. Quite a bit of the acting in the show is weak, and that's usually down to poor direction. Alfie Allen (Theon) is probably the best, I think. Sibel Kekilli (Shae) is appalling.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Sibel Kekilli (Shae) is appalling.
    The entire way her character is written/portrayed is appalling.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, Shae doesn't have that much going on in the books either. She's mainly a cypher to show Tyrion's vulnerability - I won't spill where that ends up. I don't know where they are development-wise with Tyrion and Shae in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    To be honest, Shae doesn't have that much going on in the books either. She's mainly a cypher to show Tyrion's vulnerability - I won't spill where that ends up. I don't know where they are development-wise with Tyrion and Shae in the show.
    Like many of the female characters she is a far more sympathetic character in the show.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Anybody else in love with Roose Bolton? Those eyes. That voice. And that look of total empathy he musters every time he's engaging in one of his epic trolls. Of all the characters they've made more "likable", I think he makes the biggest leap. I didn't find his character appealing at all in the books (he's just creepy), but on the show he's one of my favs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just saw this - Lolz!

And a mash-up with "The Princess Bride"

Last edited by YogaBare; 06-17-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBeachPrimal View Post
    Anybody else in love with Roose Bolton? Those eyes. That voice. And that look of total empathy he musters every time he's engaging in one of his epic trolls. Of all the characters they've made more "likable", I think he makes the biggest leap. I didn't find his character appealing at all in the books (he's just creepy), but on the show he's one of my favs.
    Yeah, hes great in the show, although they never show his leech fetish. The character im absolutely the most disappointing with is Mance Rayder. One of my favorite characters in the book but so far he has been shit in the show and was totally cast wrong. Also Tormund Giantsbane is totally not as great as in the book.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yeah, hes great in the show, although they never show his leech fetish. The character im absolutely the most disappointing with is Mance Rayder. One of my favorite characters in the book but so far he has been shit in the show and was totally cast wrong. Also Tormund Giantsbane is totally not as great as in the book.
    I agree with you about mance rayder. he doesn't look or behave anything like he does in the book. pretty weak-sauce if you ask me. I am hoping to see some development of that character next season. as for tormund, I think we will see a lot more of him developing next season too.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I agree with you about mance rayder. he doesn't look or behave anything like he does in the book. pretty weak-sauce if you ask me. I am hoping to see some development of that character next season. as for tormund, I think we will see a lot more of him developing next season too.
    I agree with both of you, but I wonder if that is due to the constraints of the format. There are already people bitching that there are 'too many characters' and there is not enough screen time to develop everyone, which is why they are taking some of the liberties they are (at least it seems that way to me). They also seem unwilling to let characters drop (Theon should have been gone until season 5 - at least - for example) since they are popular with fans. Hopefully next season will focus more on the wildlings a bit more as, yes, Mance is crap at the moment. They need to get back to Little Finger as well.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    They need to get back to Little Finger as well.
    next season. at least i'm imagining that a lot of that good stuff will be next season.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast