Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 27

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It has been stated that he is sort of working on books 6 and 7 somewhat concurrently... and that the end, book 7 was already partially written as it was originally supposed to be a trilogy.

Of course I see the problem with that statement.
    A triliogy is now(will be) 7 enormous volumes.

But he did make a very definite statement that the HBO series wouldn't "catch up" to the books...
    So I'm hopeful that he means it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Just to put people's minds at ease on one thing. If GRRM were unable to finish the series as long as his notes are in order the series could be finished by another author. When Robert Jordan died there was still a lot of writing left to be done for the WOT series, and it ended up being three books, and to be honest those three that were written by Brandon Sanderson are three of my favorite books in the series of 14 books, and the total time between the last Robert Jordan book, and the first Brandon Sanderson book was four years, so even less time than GRRM takes to get a book out lol.

All I know is with the long delays between books I am not going to read the books again until the last book is released. With such a long time between books I would have to re-read the whole series to know what is going on when I pick up the latest book. I had to re-read the WOT series before the 12th book came out.

This really is the BEST GoT response video ever...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This really is the BEST GoT response video ever...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 Guest
    LMAO Remember when they cancelled firefly. That was great cori. And kenn...yikes. It's not better as a .gif

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

I noticed a common response from the ladies here was to chuckle at that gif...
    And yet Canio did not.

I wonder why.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    when i was watching the scene i was like '...no... no he's not that whacked, that's not made out of theon's penis... oh good, it's pork'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    I actually think that's one example of poor casting in the show. That dude looks like he has a job in a bank, not like he orchestrates crucifications (and you know what else).

Aaaand. All this talk about Tyrian has made me think: the more the show goes on, the less I like Peter Dinklage. He's only got two flavours: humorous and noble. Book-Tyrion has much more going on, and I don't think Dinklage is capable of conveying that sort of depth.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I definitely think Dinklage has it. I just don't think it's what the directors are asking of him.

I've seen him do some really great stuff in other films that they aren't showcasing. This is just how they want him to act, at least for now... IMO.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast