Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 350

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 26

  1. #251
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,091
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Rumor has it that Aerys slept with/raped Tywin's wife. The result being Tyrion. Tywin is very proud of family and very antagonistic to Tyrion. I think if he had been his actual kid he would treat him better than he does. Even Stannis treats his afficted daughter better than Tywin does Tyrion. Now, Tywin can't come out against the king or admit Tyrion isn't his, but a Lanister always pays his debts....so he engineers getting Jaime (his golden boy heir...and remember he said Tyrion will never inherit) into the King's Guard and sends Cerse to court (thus making Jaime think it is his idea to join the King's Guard). Then when the war out breaks he makes excuses not to send his Army.

    Then when he knows the war is lost he shows up looking like the savior. Gets let in and sacks the city. Meanwhile Jaime is perfectly positioned to kill the king. Debt paid.

    Then breaking with tradition he says that Jaime will still be his heir, which technically he can't due to being in teh Kings Guard. If Tyrion were really his son he could inherit.
    yeah, yeah, I get the whole plan part, and concede that tywin is a mastermind. I just don't remember ever reading that Joanna lannister was raped. I must have been sleepy when I read that.

    so what about aegon or gendry though? where do you see those characters going?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  2. #252
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,742
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    yeah, yeah, I get the whole plan part, and concede that tywin is a mastermind. I just don't remember ever reading that Joanna lannister was raped. I must have been sleepy when I read that.

    so what about aegon or gendry though? where do you see those characters going?
    Gendry no where, the same with the (at least) two other of Robert's bastards we know of. Someone would have to declare him legitamate. Who is going to do that? Stannis? Not a chance.

    The other, well, we will have to see. He might catch an arrow in the eye in the upcoming battle. Or he might be the third. I just like Tyrion more

    found this: According to Barristan Selmy, Aerys lusted for Joanna Lannister, something that caused further friction between the King and his Hand. At the wedding of Tywin to Joanna, Aerys drunkenly japed about how it was a pity the First Night tradition was banned and took certain liberties in the bedding ritual when the men at the feast had to disrobe the bride

    source: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Joanna_Lannister

    so perhaps I am mistaken...I will keep looking.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  3. #253
    NicoleP's Avatar
    NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hampstead NC
    Posts
    380
    Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Possible spoilers if my theories are correct...














    Arya is not a Targaryan. Dany, John Snow, and Tyrian are. At least if the theories I hold to are correct.
    I can't remember, but didn't two of the three die giving birth? We don't know who John Snow's mother is but I have suspected that it was Ned Starks sister and that she possibly was raped by the same person. She also died very badly and I can't remember if an explanation was ever given for why or how.

  4. #254
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Gendry no where, the same with the (at least) two other of Robert's bastards we know of. Someone would have to declare him legitamate. Who is going to do that? Stannis? Not a chance.

    The other, well, we will have to see. He might catch an arrow in the eye in the upcoming battle. Or he might be the third. I just like Tyrion more

    found this: According to Barristan Selmy, Aerys lusted for Joanna Lannister, something that caused further friction between the King and his Hand. At the wedding of Tywin to Joanna, Aerys drunkenly japed about how it was a pity the First Night tradition was banned and took certain liberties in the bedding ritual when the men at the feast had to disrobe the bride

    source: Joanna Lannister - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

    so perhaps I am mistaken...I will keep looking.
    I just saw that asoiaf wiki entry too. I don't really know. I guess you're right...we'll just have to wait and see. probably 6 more years or something. lol..
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  5. #255
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,742
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    I can't remember, but didn't two of the three die giving birth? We don't know who John Snow's mother is but I have suspected that it was Ned Starks sister and that she possibly was raped by the same person. She also died very badly and I can't remember if an explanation was ever given for why or how.


    She died in childbirth. I do not think she was raped. The father of John in my opinion (and in the opinion of others) is Rhaegar, the dragon knight - Dany's brother). It seems to me that Lyanna and Rhaegar loved each other and rape was not involved.

    Tyrion's father (I am guessing) is Aerys, the king and Rhaegar's father. Making Tyrion Dany's uncle. Of course, I could be smoking crack. Only time will tell.


    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I just saw that asoiaf wiki entry too. I don't really know. I guess you're right...we'll just have to wait and see. probably 6 more years or something. lol..
    I hope not. GRRM is not exactly young.


    and yeah, this whole thread is pretty much spoilers. Dear god if you have not read the books stop reading this thread and go pick up the books.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  6. #256
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Canio...

    You made me think of something Tywin said to Tyrion in the last episode, so of course I had to look it up.
    Tyrion is a Lannister not only through Tywin, but also through his mother since they were cousins, which I had forgotten.
    Tyrion could indeed have been kept as a "Lannister" for the "family", but not as a son.

    You sharp sweets.


    Also, I was reading a this morning a statement by GRRM where he said that he has no fear of the HBO series catching up to his books...
    Does this mean a book release is forthcoming?
    Not this fall/winter I don't think. I would have guessed it would have been announced by now.
    But maybe a new book in the spring corresponding to the start of the season!
    That is certainly a possibility...

    Then another in two years... or to correspond with the final season release the year after...
    Big bang effect.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  7. #257
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,742
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Canio...

    You made me think of something Tywin said to Tyrion in the last episode, so of course I had to look it up.
    Tyrion is indeed a Lannister not only through Tywin, but also through his mother since they were cousins, which I had forgotten.
    Tyrion could indeed have been kept as a "Lannister" for the "family", but not as a son.

    You sharp sweets.
    Why thank you, my good lady. I have to say that despite being a very nice guy GRRM is a twisty sonofab*tch.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  8. #258
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post

    I hope not. GRRM is not exactly young.


    and yeah, this whole thread is pretty much spoilers. Dear god if you have not read the books stop reading this thread and go pick up the books.
    haha!

    i'm thinking that it will be a year or so until we see book 6, and at least 4, maybe 5 years until we see book 7. lord only knows there could be a book 8. once grrm starts writing, he never stops
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  9. #259
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,742
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    haha!

    i'm thinking that it will be a year or so until we see book 6, and at least 4, maybe 5 years until we see book 7. lord only knows there could be a book 8. once grrm starts writing, he never stops
    Very true, though given the size of the books I think he could do it. He strikes me as the type to say, "Nope book 7 has 2500 pages. The fans will read it" Instead of writing another to make money like so many other authors.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  10. #260
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Very true, though given the size of the books I think he could do it. He strikes me as the type to say, "Nope book 7 has 2500 pages. The fans will read it" Instead of writing another to make money like so many other authors.
    that's a really good point. i'd read it. the worst thing possible for his fans would be for him to die without officially ending things the way he wanted to. and I think he doesn't want to do that. I understand that he has met with HBO in order to lay out things just in case...but who knows? between now and 3-4 years from now, he might come up with some other crazy ideas that he wants to include
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •