Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 25

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Well, in the books it mentions that the winters have gotten very severe in the past... people starving because it pushed so far south and lasted so long.

And that it has been an abnormally long and prosperous summer... no one alive remembers one of these terrible winters so people have gotten lax with their storage for the hard times, so it's "due". Like little ice age.

Hmmm...well, that would do it. I took it to be more like severely shortened growing seasons - less food - more starvation. I didn't think about it all icing up. We'll see.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    K and I talked about that yesterday. How far south can the white walkers come? I know 'winter is coming' but that doesn't mean that Dorne, High Garden, etc are going to ice over. Can they survive in the southern climate?
    I've wondered that as well. we don't know for sure exactly what "winter" means though. does the far south ice over? what about across the narrow sea? is there any effect there?
    Last edited by not on the rug; 06-10-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Tyrion... cockiness = self defense mechanism, not vanity IMO. But can feel that way.

His "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." speaks the loudest about how he feels about himself... he knows the world sees him as less/a monster, and in a way he does too, but he fights it bitterly, tooth and nail. But he also knows he can never escape it... thus his constant unhappiness and drinking.

The whole of King's landing chars being out of sync STILL was irksome.
    I thought they would tidy at least some of that up somehow.

I do think that television viewer ADD is having a huge impact on the editing though.
    Readers are just better at paying attention to characters...
    This is what bothered me as well. I guess that they had to leave something good for the 4th season as the fourth book kind of sucked. I only liked a small part of that one and could not concentrate while trying to read it. I kept drifting off unless it was a POV I liked. I really hated the Damphair POV and can think of nothing worse to see on TV than the Kingsmoot. I really hope they don't go that way with the story.

Gotta say it... I'm more than a little disappointed in the finale. Bleh.. they definitely dropped the ball on that one.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    aww, i liked it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Just watched it, didn't like it that much, but I laughed pretty heartily at the second scene (meeting w/ Jeoffrey).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I agree - pretty sub standard season finale, but it's not massively surprising, consider the penultimate episode practically made the news

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I've wondered that as well. we don't know for sure exactly what "winter" means though. does the far south ice over? what about across the narrow sea? is there any effect there?
    I think cos' the books are called ASOIAF it's all leading to a huge winter that spreads everywhere (like an ice age) and a big clash with the dragons.

Speaking of dragons, canio6 mentioned the three dragon heads at one stage in this thread, and said that he thought the third one would be Tyrian. I just got to the part of book two where Dany goes into the House of the Undying and they talk about the three etc. Are we talking about people riding into battle on dragon's necks? The third person has got to be ARYA! It's her dream.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I found the motives difficult to follow and also boring (re: politics).
    I found the geography of it all confusing, but once I started looking at the maps while I read the strategies started to make sense
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Speaking of dragons, canio6 mentioned the three dragon heads at one stage in this thread, and said that he thought the third one would be Tyrian. I just got to the part of book two where Dany goes into the House of the Undying and they talk about the three etc. Are we talking about people riding into battle on dragon's necks? The third person has got to be ARYA! It's her dream.
    Possible spoilers if my theories are correct...

Arya is not a Targaryan. Dany, John Snow, and Tyrian are. At least if the theories I hold to are correct.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Possible spoilers if my theories are correct...

Arya is not a Targaryan. Dany, John Snow, and Tyrian are. At least if the theories I hold to are correct.
    tyrion a targaryan? I can't recall a connection

what about aegon? or even gendry. baratheons have targaryan blood

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    tyrion a targaryan? I can't recall a connection

what about aegon? or even gendry. baratheons have targaryan blood

Rumor has it that Aerys slept with/raped Tywin's wife. The result being Tyrion. Tywin is very proud of family and very antagonistic to Tyrion. I think if he had been his actual kid he would treat him better than he does. Even Stannis treats his afficted daughter better than Tywin does Tyrion. Now, Tywin can't come out against the king or admit Tyrion isn't his, but a Lanister always pays his debts....so he engineers getting Jaime (his golden boy heir...and remember he said Tyrion will never inherit) into the King's Guard and sends Cerse to court (thus making Jaime think it is his idea to join the King's Guard). Then when the war out breaks he makes excuses not to send his Army.

Then when he knows the war is lost he shows up looking like the savior. Gets let in and sacks the city. Meanwhile Jaime is perfectly positioned to kill the king. Debt paid.

Then breaking with tradition he says that Jaime will still be his heir, which technically he can't due to being in teh Kings Guard. If Tyrion were really his son he could inherit.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast