Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 24

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I think we all love Tyrion... he's intelligent, funny, sympathetic, an unlikely hero.

This does not bode well in the grand scheme of things, and I fear what GRRM has planned for him.
    I will certainly weep!
    you'll certainly be shocked and amused to see where tyrion's character goes and the people he meets up with. so no weeping for you. at least through book 5. haha

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you'll certainly be shocked and amused to see where tyrion's character goes and the people he meets up with. so no weeping for you. at least through book 5. haha
    Actually, Tyrion gets to be a very sad character. By book 5 he is practically heart breaking. Where do whores go, not on the rug, where?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I have read all the books...
    I'm speaking to the possibility of GRRMs penchant for killing chars and the two remaining books of approximately 1500 pages each?
    That's a LOT of GRRM text for such a great character to LIVE through.

I agree Canio... but I was not spoilering.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    I'm speaking to the possibility of GRRMs penchant for killing chars the two remaining books of approximately 1500 pages each?
    Nah, I have my theories for Tyrion and it will be glorious. Or I am sadly deluded in which case I expect someone will be cutting a ton of onions in my house because dudes don't cry and all....

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Actually, Tyrion gets to be a very sad character. By book 5 he is practically heart breaking. Where do whores go, not on the rug, where?
    yeah.. I suppose you're right. although I found his adventures to be quite amazing and entertaining. in particular, the people he meet up with

I'm speaking to the possibility of GRRMs penchant for killing chars and the two remaining books of approximately 1500 pages each?

I agree Canio... but I was not spoilering.
    I know what you're saying then. I would like to believe that tyrion lives happily ever after, but we shall see. at the end of the day (I really hate that expression) somebody has to live and be the "winner" of sorts, right? or does it all end with the white walkers just killing everyone?

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I think we all love Tyrion... he's intelligent, funny, sympathetic, an unlikely hero.

This does not bode well in the grand scheme of things, and I fear what GRRM has planned for him.
    I will certainly weep!
    I think Tyrion is the ultimate hero of the story. That doesn't mean I don't fear for what GRRM has planned, Tyrion has gone through plenty already but I don't see him dying anytime soon.

GRRM has said that the ending is "bittersweet"...

I think that means that the war against the whitewalkers is won, but that none of the characters we really love are going to "win" in any traditional fashion. Not the sense of ruling the seven kingdoms...

I think that was the on thing that that Red witch bitch got right... the throne war really means nothing. It's a distraction.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 Guest
    GRRM has said that the ending is "bittersweet"...

I think that means that the war against the whitewalkers is won, but that none of the characters we really love are going to "win" in any traditional fashion. Not the sense of ruling the seven kingdoms...

I think that was the on thing that that Red witch bitch got right... the throne war really means nothing. It's a distraction.

K and I talked about that yesterday. How far south can the white walkers come? I know 'winter is coming' but that doesn't mean that Dorne, High Garden, etc are going to ice over. Can they survive in the southern climate?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, in the books it mentions that the winters have gotten very severe in the past... people starving because it pushed so far south and lasted so long.

And that it has been an abnormally long and prosperous summer... no one alive remembers one of these terrible winters so people have gotten lax with their storage for the hard times, so it's "due". Like a little ice age.

But really, not everyone in Westeros can run south...
    Plus.
    I bet dragons are really effective against those things!
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-10-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast