Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 22

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    Well, that was a bit underwhelming to say the very least. In fact it was a bit boring.

Yeah, I can't say I was blown away, but it did set up next season, which I guess is the point.

edit: thinking about it this is a trend. Episode 9 is the big events...Ned (IIRC), Battle of the Blackwater, Red Wedding. Then Episode 10 kind of sums up and sets the tone for the next season. Though perhaps Ned happened in Episode 10, bleh, dang memory.
    Last edited by canio6; 06-10-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i got a little anxious that ____ was gonna get ____ instead of ____ because he released ____ to ____ towards ____ so he wouldn't get ____

arya though. that little psycho, i dig it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    speaking of the devil:

Neil Gaiman has a new book coming out

The Ocean at the End of the Lane - it's on sale date is 6/18. It's a small book - only 178 pages.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    There are some divergences that I don't understand with the book and the TV series...

Theon/Reek is one of them.
    I personally really like the book version of Theon/Reek. We all come to understand the horrors of his captivity without being subject to really reading much about it at all. It's left as a bit of a mystery except for the fact that he has been utterly physically torn apart by it, and completely mentally shattered.

But it's not gratuitous.
    We don't need reminding every 5 min.
    It's actually the lack of attention to it that makes it work better IMO.
    It's just handled so much better.

Is this because the TV watching public won't do well with characters who disappear for a while? ADD?
    I mean, they could show where he is on occasion without going this completely off into the land of WTH.
    I really think the changes to the Theon/Reek character are not helpful at all...

Also... EVERYTHING out of sync at Kings Landing.
    I was hoping they would tie that up a bit. But no. *sigh*

I want to read the books again now to make myself feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    arya though. that little psycho, i dig it
    It was such a proud moment.
    She done good!
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-10-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    There are some divergences that I don't understand with the book and the TV series...

Theon/Reek is one of them.
    I personally really like the book version of Theon/Reek. We all come to understand the horrors of his captivity without being subject to really reading much about it at all. It's left as a bit of a mystery except for the fact that he has been utterly physically torn apart by it, and completely mentally shattered.

But it's not gratuitous.
    We don't need reminding every 5 min.
    It's actually the lack of attention to it that makes it work better IMO.
    It's just handled so much better.

Is this because the TV watching public won't do well with characters who disappear for a while? ADD?
    I mean, they could show where he is on occasion without going this completely off into the land of WTH.
    I really think the changes to the Theon/Reek character are not helpful at all...
    Yeah, K and I hated that as well. I loved the mystery surrounding wtf happened to Theon and who was this new Reek. I see it happening as it did for two reasons - 1) people like Theon and the show is keeping him around. Much like they are doing with Dany/Arya who disappeared for a book at a time. The other reason is that Reek in the book at least at first is straight up jacked up...missing fingers on both hands, missing toes, all his teeth smashed and broken, reduced to eating rats, his 'other thing' removed, and looking like a crippled old man. That is alot of make up work...much like how ugly Tyrion is supposed to be and how bad his injury was at the Battle of the Blackwater, but the show leaves Peter Dinklage looking all like his sexy self. They seem to have gone the same route with Theon - kept the injuries more hidden so as to save money on makeup and keep the actor looking like himself.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wait . . . Theon doesn't become Reek for a while, correct? Did the show push that SL up? I haven't watched any of the show yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Wait . . . Theon doesn't become Reek for a while, correct? Did the show push that SL up? I haven't watched any of the show yet.
    Then quit reading the spoilers thread!

Theon should not be in this season at all. As such, all that has been pushed up.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Eh, maybe it's good that I don't watch the show, things like that would irk me.

I started the Kushiel's Dart series and like it so far. Kinky!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Tyrion is supposed to be and how bad his injury was at the Battle of the Blackwater, but the show leaves Peter Dinklage looking all like his sexy self.
    That is quite a change to his character, in that case, because the scar in the show makes him seem incredibly vain (which is a weird contrast to his perspective on dwarfism/his physical presence in the world). It doesn't really make sense.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That is quite a change to his character, in that case, because the scar in the show makes him seem incredibly vain (which is a weird contrast to his perspective on dwarfism/his physical presence in the world). It doesn't really make sense.
    I wonder how much of that is just the actor's natural charisma. While Tyrion is far more self-deprecating in the books (and a far more tragic character...please don't f*ck that up HBO...) he is still confident and every bit a Lanister (though not really a Lanister in my opinion). That confidence coupled with the actor's charisma seems vain, but I do not think it is intentional.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast