Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 18

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like the reactions video. This was one of my favorites from a few years ago. I haven't read this whole thread so sorry if this is a repost.
    Game of Thrones Episode 9 Post Show Reaction!!!!!! (SPOILER!!!!!!) - YouTube

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Okay. I just downloaded Audio books for books 1 - 4! If anyone wants them just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send to you

Btw - the audiobooks are m4b - does anyone know if it's possible to play these on the iPhone?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Just another book store stock clerk having fun...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    lolz

Those bookworms...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    That pic is awesome. Must be fun to entertain yourself like that at work to see if anyone else figures it out.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I will admit that I haven't read the whole thread since I was waiting to be able to watch the whole season in short amount of time since I don't usually get HBO I just subscribed for the month, and over the last three days watched all 9 episodes. I am tempted to re-read the books, but there are just too many books on my want to read list. I can't wait for the finale on Sunday. Also with how successful this show is I hope that they will bring another epic fantasy series to TV once they are finished.

I noticed that there is a good bit of discussion about WoT, I am a big fan of epic fantasy multiple book stories. Here are a few of my personal favorites for anyone looking for another good bunch of books.

Kushiel's Legacy series - basically two trillogies that are conected, but for the most part can stand alone.
    Kushiel's Legacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dark Tower series by Steven King - Besides having imo the worst ending to a series it is still a great bunch of books
    The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mistborn series by Brandon Snaderson - I read these while I was waiting for him to finish the WoT series so that I could see if I liked his writing style, and they are quite good. He did a really good job finishing the WoT series as well!!!
    Mistborn series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    Also with how successful this show is I hope that they will bring another epic fantasy series to TV once they are finished. ]
    Sadly, most epic fantasy is done very badly on the screen, though LotR and Narnia did well. Much of the made for TV stuff fizzles - the awful Tale of the Seeker for example. Hell, they even jacked up the Dresden Files (not epic fantasy but you get the point). I think GoT works on HBO becuase there is lots of back stabbing and GRRM is not scared of gratuitious sex and nudity. Rumor has it they might do The Hedge Knight next, which would rock and with the success of GoT might keep an audience.

As for the Dark Tower, I must be the only person in America who didn't like it. I've tried reading the first book abour 5 times. I get various lengths into it - 1/3, 1/2 and just say 'F' it.' I just can't get interested, which is odd as I like some of King's other works.

Not fantasy but if anyone cares for Sci Fi John Scalzi is entertaining. I'd recommend starting with Old Man's War, which allegedly they are adapting into a movie, which of course they will probably screw up.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I actually got into the gunslinger series because I read through the eyes of the dragon first, and found out that the evil wizard is the same in both series. I find it is an interesting and unconventional take on fantasy. I actually think that HBO might be able to pull off the Kushiel's legacy, but I don't know if that would be too much sex seeing as the main character is basically a high class spy/prostitute (in the world of those books prostitution is not only accepted but to some extent an act of devotion to a god).

I was actually hesitant to watch GOT after how bad they screwed up Legend of the Seeker

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    I was actually hesitant to watch GOT after how bad they screwed up Legend of the Seeker
    Ah, Legend of the Seeker, that was it. I blanked on the title, but either way it sucked hard.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^I gave up reading those books. Got really tired of Richard and had to stop reading.

One series that I love that I think could make a good mini-series (gets more detail than a movie in some ways) is Garth Nix' The Old Kingdom trilogy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast