Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 14

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Really? I thought the show made her far too sympathetic a character. She is my least favorite character in the book, with the possible exception of Ramsey.
    Ramsey the psychopath? That was the other spoiler I read last night

Yeah, I actually prefer her in the book. Probably because I'm biased against the actress who plays her: I hate everything about her.

The wall is honorable. It is just not treated as such because the rest of the seven kingdoms has forgotten the real menace in the world. How Ned handled the whole situation in King's Landing was honorable. Stupid as sh*t but honorable. I'm not saying honorable is good or smart, but it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    this. all has been too calm for far too long. it allowed all of the "southerners" too much time to fight amongst themselves and forget about the true threat.
    Fair enough. I'm looking at it from a Southerner perspective, but I guess in this case Ned was right. Still though. Poor Jon Snow the bastard...

I because super curious about bran and where his character goes. and rickon and osha as well. i'm curious as to what lies ahead for all of them
    That's the one storyline I think is really badly done in the series. It's difficult to transpose that onto screen because lot of Bran's character happens in his head. Last night was the first time I was actually interested in what was going on with them, but it was mostly because Rickon suddenly developed into a character. (I LOVE Rickon in the books btw! Who calls a wolf Shaggydog? If the dogs are like their masters, then maybe he [who has the wolf that savages people] will end up being the Stark who saves the day.)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    ^this, which is why I have had to delete/retype so many comments here. I know I would stab a ho if someone spoiled stuff for me while I was reading.
    I think that several big things will happen during the finale. these things will involve several of the lannisters, arya. and jon snow. although the jon snow stuff might be a holdover for the start of season 4.

thoughts?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I think that several big things will happen during the finale. these things will involve several of the lannisters, arya. and jon snow. although the jon snow stuff might be a holdover for the start of season 4.

thoughts?
    Jon Snow has a long way to go yet. I think it will happen in season 4 and 5 (ending where the 5th book ended with Jon)

I think you are correct with Arya.

Lannisters - I am not sure if they are saving the major events there for next season or not. I think they need to develop Tyrion's past more before they can go ahead with at least one of the major Lannister events. I can see one event happening as a finale but they may have to leave the other until next season.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, I actually prefer her in the book. Probably because I'm biased against the actress who plays her: I hate everything about her.

That's the one storyline I think is really badly done in the series. It's difficult to transpose that onto screen because lot of Bran's character happens in his head. Last night was the first time I was actually interested in what was going on with them, but it was mostly because Rickon suddenly developed into a character. (I LOVE Rickon in the books btw! Who calls a wolf Shaggydog? If the dogs are like their masters, then maybe he [who has the wolf that savages people] will end up being the Stark who saves the day.)
    I have nothing against the actress. She does a decent job in my mind. Too old sure but so is everyone.

As for Rickon...in the books so far he is pretty much useless. I assume he will be of some use later but who knows.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Jon Snow has a long way to go yet. I think it will happen in season 4 and 5 (ending where the 5th book ended with Jon)

I think you are correct with Arya.

Lannisters - I am not sure if they are saving the major events there for next season or not. I think they need to develop Tyrion's past more before they can go ahead with at least one of the major Lannister events. I can see one event happening as a finale but they may have to leave the other until next season.
    reasonable thoughts. all of them. I think you are right about the jon things maybe. an episode is only so long. same with the tyrion stuff. the other lannister thing will probably be included. and definitely the arya stuff. the thing is, I feel like there needs to be another driving event in the finale. like 2 major things that will be playing back and forth. so i'm trying to think of what else they will put in there
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

reasonable thoughts. all of them. I think you are right about the jon things maybe. an episode is only so long. same with the tyrion stuff. the other lannister thing will probably be included. and definitely the arya stuff. the thing is, I feel like there needs to be another driving event in the finale. like 2 major things that will be playing back and forth. so i'm trying to think of what else they will put in there
    Probably <redacted> leaving with Little Finger or Little Finger's doings at the Aerie.

Probably <redacted> leaving with Little Finger or Little Finger's doings at the Aerie.
    that's very possible too. in fact, probable.

AHHHHH - I can't wait!!! How many hours are in the audio books?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    AHHHHH - I can't wait!!! How many hours are in the audio books?
    From what I can find on audible.com Book 3 is just over 47 hours. Buy it and read it. Save yourself a ton of time lol.

From what I can find on audible.com Book 3 is just over 47 hours. Buy it and read it. Save yourself a ton of time lol.
    And space... those books are small mountains

- Ray Peat

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast