Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 13

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I agree. I have a friend that loves the show but just to busy to read. so he's been doing the audio books in his car. and he calls me up every so often and is just totally blown away by what the show leaves out and what he has learned.

like I wrote earlier, the show is amazing, but really only scratches the surface of this story
    My dad is doing the same. Personally, listening to books drives me nuts as it takes about 20 times longer to listen than to read. But you have to do what you have to do. What I found amusing is that a guy I know said that he did not like the show because there are too many characters to keep track of; he said he was going to read the books instead. Yeah, he is going to be hating life
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I had a whole thread of peeps I know (all non-readers of course) doing a "But why did the wolf have to die" stupid thing last night.
    Umm... seriously.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I had a whole thread of peeps I know (all non-readers of course) doing a "But why did the wolf have to die" stupid thing last night.
    Umm... seriously.
    K said, "huh, so they are not going to switch the heads?" Damn, I love that woman.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The wall is an honorable place to go for some though. Hell, Ned's own brother went to the wall. It is what the Starks do - defend the north/keep with the old ways etc. As for Cat, she is a straight up biznatch so I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her off a castle wall....
    She's a lot nicer in the book than in the show though - I hate that haggy actress.

Ned thinking that the Wall is honourable just shows how out of touch he is / was (love how time doesn't exist in literature ). The Wall is now a laughing stock, and the only people it gets are those forced to join... or dreamers like Jon.

I just love that as you get deeper in to the books, you realize how much of the story is orchestrated by little finger and varys. how they have a hand in so much more than you can ever imagine
    I'm only on book two, but from the start of book one you become aware that LF is the Devil. They softened him big time in the series. Varys I quite like actually..!

Umm... seriously.
    THat was one of the spoilers I read last night... thank the gods. I probably would have topped myself next week if that bombshell had been dropped.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    She's a lot nicer in the book than in the show though - I hate that haggy actress.

Ned thinking that the Wall is honourable just shows how out of touch he is / was (love how time doesn't exist in literature ). The Wall is now a laughing stock, and the only people it gets are those forced to join... or dreamers like Jon.
    Really? I thought the show made her far too sympathetic a character. She is my least favorite character in the book, with the possible exception of Ramsey.

The wall is honorable. It is just not treated as such because the rest of the seven kingdoms has forgotten the real menace in the world. How Ned handled the whole situation in King's Landing was honorable. Stupid as sh*t but honorable. I'm not saying honorable is good or smart, but it is what it is.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    K said, "huh, so they are not going to switch the heads?" Damn, I love that woman.
    I was curious about that too
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

I was curious about that too
    I don't think they want to spend the money on the CGI but we'll see next episode I would presume.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    The wall is honorable. It is just not treated as such because the rest of the seven kingdoms has forgotten the real menace in the world. How Ned handled the whole situation in King's Landing was honorable. Stupid as sh*t but honorable. I'm not saying honorable is good or smart, but it is what it is.
    this. all has been too calm for far too long. it allowed all of the "southerners" too much time to fight amongst themselves and forget about the true threat.

after reading book 5, I because super curious about bran and where his character goes. and rickon and osha as well. i'm curious as to what lies ahead for all of them
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think they want to spend the money on the CGI but we'll see next episode I would presume.
    Yes, during the discovery phase in the finale I suspect.
    Fingers crossed...

Or, as happens in Book to Telly it will get washed.
    I'm waiting for the other BIG thing to rise up and happen in the finale as well.
    I SO want that.
    I know the readers know what I mean...
    I'm trying not to spoil here.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I'm trying not to spoil here.
    ^this, which is why I have had to delete/retype so many comments here. I know I would stab a ho if someone spoiled stuff for me while I was reading.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast